• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Carn Gayle and Chanderpaul.

Mind you, Zimbabwe did very well considering the start they had.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
WI playing very sensibly here. Gayle and Chanderpaul playing themselves in then looking to attack.

Not thrill an min but good cricket.

PY

International Coach
How big was that six? 4 tiers, 2 executive boxes and the roof? Jeepers.

And the next ball as well. :laugh:

And the next ball. :laugh:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh both openers out close together, I wanted more than 40 with no wickets or catches Gayle...

Apart from those three sixes WI struggling really, but then they did in the first half of their innings against Pakistan and got a decent total in the end.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Apart from those three sixes WI struggling really, but then they did in the first half of their innings against Pakistan and got a decent total in the end.
I dont think they struggled. I just think they played conservatively knowing the only way to lose this game was to gift early wickets and that if they batted the full 50 overs then they would win.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
WI should still walk this but the 4th wicket has made it a little more interesting.

Would be nice to see Zim win this one and cause another upset as long as Ireland still squeek through to the Super 8s :)

Swervy

International Captain
WI should still walk this but the 4th wicket has made it a little more interesting.

Would be nice to see Zim win this one and cause another upset as long as Ireland still squeek through to the Super 8s :)
I think a Zimb win would jepodise Ireland Super 8 place, and non eof us want that to happen ..c'mon West Indies

Scaly piscine

Sticking to your theory that they're just playing conservatively and not struggling then?

Scaly piscine

Its what they were doing early with no wickets lost. Cant apply something relating to a past situation to a current one.
It was pretty clear I was referring to after they lost both openers and as I said apart from the three sixes they were struggling, they were scoring at 3 an over.

They are still clear favourites now, but doesn't alter the fact that they've struggled.

ash chaulk

International Captain
welcome to jamrock.

thought that was mad when the windies took there first wicket getting that zim zim out for a golden quacker. the crowd dancin to marley. and the new batsmen coming out thinkin oh shoot i aint concentratin im dancin too.

Fusion

Global Moderator
There is now a possibility that the Pak/Zim match may be called off. From a BBC article:

Mark Shields said there was sufficient information to continue a full investigation into the death.

The Pakistan team are now discussing whether to pull out of their World Cup match with Zimbabwe, a spokesman said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/6473645.stm

Fusion

Global Moderator
Looks like the match will be played after all...From Pakistani newspaper Dawn:

Cricket-Pakistan to play final World Cup game against Zimbabwe KINGSTON, Jamaica, March 21 (Reuters) Pakistan will play their final World Cup group game against Zimbabwe at Sabina Park Wednesday, the team spokesman said. After a meeting of Pakistan Cricket Board, International Cricket Council and World Cup officials, PCB spokesman Pervez Mir told Reuters: “We are playing. The chairman of our Board said we will play. The security is fine.”(Posted @ 09:55 PST)