• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Woolmer found unconcious in hotel room

nexxus

U19 Debutant
RIP Bob, wow I was thinking there may have been a chance for him to coach SA again if they didn't do well.

Very sad.

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
I think he had coronary heart disease to begin with, and this was a silent heart attack. I think, reading previous history of his a long time ago. He was a reserved man, and indeed made a huge impact on the game. I wish his family the strength to deal with his loss. Being away from family is never easy, he had to do it all the time...and at that age as well. Rest in Peace mr. Woolmer.

Fusion

Global Moderator
This is shocking news. When I heard, I was shaken and couldn't speak for a while. What a terrible loss to the cricket world. I've been following GEO news (Pakistani channel) today and they've been interviewing Pakistani cricket officials, past and present. PCB Chairman, Rameez Raja, Hanif Mohammad, Javed Miandad and Shoaib Akhtar (who had their differences but were very remorseful) and many others have expressed their heartfelt condolnesense. I really got chocked up when the PCB Chairman described how he called Mrs. Woolmer to offer his condolnesense and support. I think it was obvious from the Chairman's comments that Woolmer was considered familly by the team and officials.

I believe he was the best coach Pakistan ever had. He gave his all for Pakistan and was emotionally invested into the success of the team. He had his own website that he would use to communicate with the fans. You could tell his love for Pakistan cricket, and Cricket in general, via those interactions.

I would request humbly that we don't speculate on the manner of his death. He was diabetic and it's not inconceivable that he passed away from a heart attack. Until otherwise confirmed, we disrespect his memory by speculating suicide.

RIP Bob. I hope you get to put on some whites and pads and play a few matches up in heaven.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Where are these reports of suicide coming from? It seems certain journo's will stoop very low to get a story that creates attention

pakster

U19 12th Man
From god we come, and to him we return. Tragic news.

I cant help bu feel that although not implictly involved, the fans poetntial reaction back home had a huge part to play. Sub-continet folk can really be cut throat when it comes to cricket, and facing them after a loss is an imensley daunting task for anyone.

Kher, a real loss for cricket - thyoughts are with the family.