• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

adharcric

International Coach
Karthik or Pathan in the next match? Karthik will add some zing to the fielding while Pathan will add flexibility. Just hope they don't let Sehwag book his spot with a ton vs Bermuda.

JBH001

International Regular
FFS, India haven't been eliminated yet.
Reckon, its early days yet.

And fhs, Bangladesh played damn well.

Tbh, Sri Lanka are over-rated I think and Bangladesh would fancy their chances at beating them on Wednesday (?). The batting is not coherent being too dependent on a couple of individuals, and the bowling is perhaps a man or two short. Don't forget either that Whatmore was SL coach for a long time, and is probably ideally placed in the Bangladesh set up to plot Sri Lanka's downfall. The major plus for Sri Lanka is that any thought of complacency would have been eliminated from their thinking, and they will know that both Wednesday and Friday are must win games that need to be played at %100 intensity.

So while India are not out yet, let me say....CMON Sri Lanka!

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Worst nightmare coming true for Indian fans...

The India media was reporting how the India- pakistan super 8 match was going to be on a sunday....Looks like its gonna be ireland vs bangladesh now
Would be Ireland vs India....India would be facing a stronger opponent though now.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Reckon, its early days yet.

And fhs, Bangladesh played damn well.

Tbh, Sri Lanka are over-rated I think and Bangladesh would fancy their chances at beating them on Wednesday (?). !
Bangladesh will never be able to beat SL, who are playing awesome cricket.Even India need to be at their best to beat SL, Bang will put up a good fight but will lose to SL

haroon510

International 12th Man
well after what happend today i have decided that i am not predicting again. everytime i predict something it turns around and bite my own buttt lol

Sri lanka or bangladish
may the best team win lol

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Bang can beat Sl but on current form SL are going great guns and the chances of them playing as poorly as the Indians did in the first match is very low.

I don't thinnk SL will play loosely, they would like to win all the pool matches, as such i don't think Bang will win against SL.

Its the Indi-SL match that is making me nervous, India will be playing under pressure, and they will have to give their 100 percent to win the match and advance to the Super Eight stage.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Probably but the question still remains if Bangladesh can put together three good performances in a row. Really they should have won a bit more easierly considering how crap India play.
Bangladesh were never in a hurry to win the match. In the whole match it never appeared that they are gonna loose the match. Don't look at the scorecard mate!!

Look how things unfolded.

About three consecutive good performances??

Bangladesh have won 15 of their last 16 one -day internationals. Unlike others, I count every win.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bang can beat Sl but on current form SL are going great guns and the chances of them playing as poorly as the Indians did in the first match is very low.

I don't thinnk SL will play loosely, they would like to win all the pool matches, as such i don't think Bang will win against SL.

Its the Indi-SL match that is making me nervous, India will be playing under pressure, and they will have to give their 100 percent to win the match and advance to the Super Eight stage.
This is what every fans think about their team. Indians thought in the same way and paid the price.

Sri Lanka must play their best cricket to escape any upset. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh can certainly beat Sri Lanka. Probably won't happen but it certainly can.
Definitely Can - see what happened in the Practice games (even if they were practice games only)

Bangladesh beat NZ and NZ beat SL.

Toss will be crucial , if Bangladesh win toss on a dicey low scoring pitch with Mortaza bowling his heart out , I would say Bang would beat SL .....

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh will never be able to beat SL, who are playing awesome cricket.Even India need to be at their best to beat SL, Bang will put up a good fight but will lose to SL
BD just beat NZ in their best form (just after whitewashing Aus) and NZ beat SL. So, BD gonna beat SL as well

R_D

International Debutant
so much love for india in here :p

Sehwag shouldn't ever come anywhere near the one-day or Test team for that matter.
I know Bangladesh played well but pitch condition did seem to change a fair bit by afternoon.. the sun was and it became batting pitch where's ball was seaming everywhere early in the morning. It was crap performance no attempt to take singles just looking for big shots, if they continue this , they might as well pack their bags and go home now.

Where's SS.. please blast away .. for once i'll agree with whatever you say about the indian team.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Surely Chappell won't survive this - unless they turn it around and at least reach the final...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Toss will be crucial in both of the crucial games in this Group, SL v Bangladesh and SL v India.

I am amazed (and must give credit to Inzy and Woolmer) for not blaming the pitch .

No thats Scaly Piscine's job :laugh:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The reason why Bangladesh will have a tough time beating SL is that SL knows this BD team is perfectly capable of causing another upset, and will be mentally and physically prepared for this game.