• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Unless Bermuda beat Bangladesh you have no chance, cus unless you play 20 times better against Sri Lanka we will be winning by 200 runs again.
I really don't think India played badly today, just from what I saw. I'll be backing them to beat Sri Lanka.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Now Sri Lanka must play at their best to avoid defeat.

Youth brigade from Bangladesh is on hunt. :)
Probably but the question still remains if Bangladesh can put together three good performances in a row. Really they should have won a bit more easierly considering how crap India play.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't think India played badly today, just from what I saw. I'll be backing them to beat Sri Lanka.
Tbh, after two convincing warm up wins, this Indian team became overconfident... simple as. Now it knows that it has the expectations of over 1 billion people, it will perform, take my word for it.

It will win its next two matches, now let's just hope their NRR is good enough :(.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i want india to go in to the super 8 otherwise there's going to be a drop in the expected attendance but the only way that could happen is threatening to bangladeshes chances of going to the next round...so i have fixed feelings...because run rate is proabably going to favor india and sri lanka...hopefully bangladesh beats sri lanka and india beats sri lanka too...and if bd does beat sri lanka i wouldn't mind bangladesh losing to bermuda to give them a consolation win at least...

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a question, let's say India does win its next two matches. And BD lose to Sri Lanka. Each team will have 2 wins, and NRR will come into play. So why exactly do India have to destroy Bermuda, because it isn't for sure yet that BD will destroy Bermuda. So the NRR could very well be in favour of India if it wins its next two games.

Am I correct? :unsure:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I have a question, let's say India does win its next two matches. And BD lose to Sri Lanka. Each team will have 2 wins, and NRR will come into play. So why exactly do India have to destroy Bermuda, because it isn't for sure yet that BD will destroy Bermuda. So the NRR could very well be in favour of India if it wins its next two games.

Correct...but, I think Bangladesh will comprehensively beat Bermuda, so it could turn out that NRR does come into play.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

Yeah, but to make sure the NRR is in favour of India, they'd better destroy Bermuda. At present, they don't know whether Bangladesh won't destroy them in the final game, especially as Whatmore will be sitting with a calculator and telling the players exactly how many runs they have to score come next Sunday.

Lostman

State Captain
Yeah, but to make sure the NRR is in favour of India, they'd better destroy Bermuda. At present, they don't know whether Bangladesh won't destroy them in the final game, especially as Whatmore will be sitting with a calculator and telling the players exactly how many runs they have to score come next Sunday.
and he isnt south african:happy:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, I wouldn't say that as India play Bermuda before Bangladesh do. Anyway, I'd be more worried about how India will do against Sri Lanka.
Haha true. Okay from now on, no more predictions for me, atleast for a very long time. But, tbh, it'll be truly heartbreaking for me if we don't make it to the Super 8s.

EDIT: :(

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

India threw away too many wickets, given they have one of the worst fielding sides in the World Cup and a fairly indifferent bowling attack they need to bat well otherwise they're in trouble.

Bangladesh looked like they had a clear gameplan and nearly everything seemed to work, they'll be tough to beat on that sort of pitch/ground. Stick them in a different set of surroundings and they'll need to have a big rethink. Also I wonder what'll happen if their plan A doesn't work, against India they never really needed a plan B. For instance they have 5 bowlers and very little cover if something happens to one of them. In the death overs they're completely reliant on Razzak not being lined up nicely and getting creamed. Against India if he got tonked they would have had to keep going with him or bring on some part-timers who bowl infrequently, the likes of Aftab only averages about 2 overs per ODI.