• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was there any reason for Langford-Smith not bowling the last over? Cramp troubling him? It's easy in hindsight I suppose, but surely he would have been a better option than White.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Was there any reason for Langford-Smith not bowling the last over? Cramp troubling him? It's easy in hindsight I suppose, but surely he would have been a better option than White.
He had bowled five wides already tho, and is a bit inaccurate. Two wides could have cost them the match far more than White's full tosses did.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He had bowled five wides already tho, and is a bit inaccurate. Two wides could have cost them the match far more than White's full tosses did.
They occured with the new ball though, when it was swinging. Given he had bowled 9 overs for 34 already, his accuracy clearly wasn't disgraceful. White was a lot more hitable and it showed.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ireland had blown several games in the last over in the World Cricket League. Maybe it was a case of Plans A, B and C not working, so let's try plan W?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ireland had blown several games in the last over in the World Cricket League. Maybe it was a case of Plans A, B and C not working, so let's try plan W?
That's a fair point I guess. I haven't exactly followed Ireland's player performances religiously, so for all I know, Langford-Smith could be a proven death-bowling choker.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Damnnn :(, I should've stayed home and watched the game! Damnnn! I watched till the last 15 overs, silly of me to think it was over!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Damnnn :(, I should've stayed home and watched the game! Damnnn! I watched till the last 15 overs, silly of me to think it was over!
Damn, I just had to go get laid. Great game looks like. Screws us over looks like, thanks to Prince EWS for pointing it out "over there". Dire.

Craig

World Traveller
Damn, I just had to go get laid. Great game looks like. Screws us over looks like, thanks to Prince EWS for pointing it out "over there". Dire.
No, I'd take getting laid over a great cricket game any day of the week.
Thrilling ODI matches don't happen everyday though.
Well at my age they happen more often than getting laid.
:laugh: :laugh:

Thrilling game even though Ireland did everything possible to lose the game with some of the worse fielding I have seen. I had to laugh when Bray and Johnson got interviewed and had Aussie accents.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was gutted for Zim but it was a really enjoyable game and so tense at the end. Standard of cricket was not the greatest, evident in how Stuart Matsikenyeri looked a million dollars and the hopes of his team rested on his lofty shoulders but for sheer entertainment and nerves it was a minnow classic. Great to see the Irish celebrate at the end as well, really well supported team considering. Only downer was their hero was not an Irishman but Eion Morgan still has his chance to shine against the West Indies and Pakistan.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I can't belive Ireland drew....

They should've won, they have screwed their chance of a Super 8 apperance!