• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

Evermind

International Debutant
LOL @ Pak's death bowling. 58 off 5 overs.

I believe the term for the final ball would be: "OWNED".

Pak should still win it comfortably though.

Beleg

International Regular
Very interesting cricket. Gul bowled superbly, Rana was terrible, Kaneria toothless, Malik and Hafeez decent and Rao alternated between great and caving in to the pressure by bowling nothing deliveries.

I have to say, for me, Dwayne Smith's innings might well prove to be the most crucial - the manner in which he accumulated runs and swung the momentum the WI's way shows this guy has some real hitting talent.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Rana's beard looks a bit a stupid for mine, especially with his lack of hair.

240 ain't a bad score, should be a decent second innings.

Woodster

International Captain
Smith's could be a crucial knock I agree, they certainly needed someone to play like that towards the end of the innings, as it seemed it may just fizzle out a little after losing Lara and Samuels.

A decent score and should be an interesting chase. Important how Taylor bowls first up, if he removes a couple early on, Inzi and co will have a struggle, without being able to rely on heavy hitters down the order. No Razzaq, no Afridi, no Mahmood.

Swervy

International Captain
I am just going to go with Pakistan as slight faves at the moment...but if they have a slow first 10 overs I think it swing firmly in favour of West Indies.

i have only watched the last 10 overs, so i am, not too sure about the pitch, it looked ok...but I think this will be pretty tight towards the end. As i say, these first ten overs are so vital

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
I think if Pak plays the whole 50 overs they will win....i think pak are favs from here....actually anything under 270 would have given Pak the edge..though WI did score extra 20 runs in the last 5 overs

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'm following the game on cricbuzz. Sometimes I can't help but laugh at the comically stupid comments posted on there. They are so bad that they're funny. Like these two:

"Inzi looks like Peter Griffin when he grew his beard once"

Or

"No Darrel Hair, so except forfeiture, all results are possible"

:laugh:

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Powell to Imran Nazir, SIX, wide again and Nazir takes an easy step back and pings that right over backward point for a flat six, lovely stuff and a great way to get off the mark

WHAT THE .......BLOODY FLAT TRACK BULLY

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
NAZIR is not a good batsman...he plays across the line and away from the body way too much...but the problem is that Pakistan did bring any other batsmen besides the ones taht are playing...

Afridi is already set to replace kaneria.....

Slow Love™

International Captain
Interesting innings from Nazir - 6, and then out. He's a dead ringer for a mate of mine from back in high school. On that subject, it's probably been said before, but has anybody ever seen Rao and Irfan Pathan in the same room?

I think the West Indians might win from here. Kind of a weird hot and cold game when it comes to pacing with the bat, though, looks like it's a bit tough to get set, in spite of Smith's innings.