• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't worry about him. He has to eat earth within next 4 years anyway(if he is has the courage to keep his promise).
If you could even read you might notice I said eat the Earth which is patently a cliche, not a "promise".

Still... get your thrills out of a meaningless warm-up match if you want, I don't really give a flying **** about ****s like you.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

It's a shame that Shahadat could only have the one over - did he get injured or just bowl too badly to be given another chance? After today's game, the attack of Mashrafe - Rasel - Razzak - Rafique - Saqibul looks likely.
Spot on.

Problem with Shahadat is that he is a good fast bowler with deadly raw pace. But he lacks the ability to maintain his line and length, while Rasel, who can be a little expensive sometimes, is spot on when it comes to line and length with a good delivery action.

However it's best to stick to line and length rather than heroics at the WC :).

Mashrafe, Razzaq and Rafique would be bowling in any matches no matter what, and Saquibul has been bowling somewhat exceptionally decent recently (even though against weaker teams).

Today's win just proved to the team the level of what they can achieve and answered to them whether they were better enough!

Had there been more series in the past year involving better teams, I'm sure that Bangladesh would have been in a much better form for the WC.

But as Dav Whatmore said, the team tried to do best of whatever they were given!

I am a little concerned with the batting lineup however. But let's leave that for a later time now.

But Mashrafe is way good a player than many others in the team :)!!!!!

P.S. Did Nafees play? From what I last heard, he had to have a tooth pulled out and was out because of the pain :mellow:!!!!!

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
If you could even read you might notice I said eat the Earth which is patently a cliche, not a "promise".

Still... get your thrills out of a meaningless warm-up match if you want, I don't really give a flying **** about ****s like you.
Haha, Dickinson losing it in his excitement after his favourite team won again.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
lol, how can a person be so blind, who don't see what everyone is seeing. kudos fish.:laugh:

Its the Bangladesh's progress we are talking about. They are growing the winning habit gradually. Now they know what winning means. 2/3 years back they were easily loosing from this position. Now they are winning from difficult situation. if you compare the performance of last two years with the earlier you will see, oh! I am sorry, I forgot you can't see, or don't want to see.

Word of advice Richard, don't make yourself a subject of mockery anymore. Everyone at cricketweb is already laughing at you. Give us a break(unless you enjoy being a subject of mockery).

Last edited:

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Oh Richard, now, now, why post when you don't "really give a flying **** about ****s like" cricmate?????

He will never learn talking about things he doesn't quite understand *in this case as you suggest, the English language* like you will never understand "RESPECT."

Now then, lets get on :happy: !!!!!

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

lol, how can a person be so blind, who don't see what everyone is seeing. kudos fish.:laugh:

Its the Bangladesh's progress we are talking about. if you compare the performance of last two years with the earlier you will see, oh! I am sorry, I forgot you can't see, or don't want to see.

Word of advice Richard, don't make yourself a subject of mockery anymore. Everyone at cricketweb is already laughing at you. Give us a break(unless you enjoy being a subject of mockery).
:happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, Dickinson losing it in his excitement after his favourite team won again.
In my annoyance at these little fools who paint people they know absolutely nothing about as little-Englander-exclusionists.

Yes, you'd be right.

I couldn't care less about anyone winning a 13-a-side practice game - what matters to me is that fools who can't even use the quote function properly - after about 18 months of trying - make claims about people's personality when they don't have the foggiest idea what they're on about.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Its the Bangladesh's progress we are talking about. They are growing the winning habit gradually. Now they know what winning means. 2/3 years back they were easily loosing from this position. Now they are winning from difficult situation. if you compare the performance of last two years with the earlier you will see, oh! I am sorry, I forgot you can't see, or don't want to see.
I'd check your own powers of observation given your utterly clueless impressions of me before making such comments.
I suggest you clue yourself up before making such stupid claims. Although stupidity does seem an inescapable trait of yourself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh Richard, now, now, why post when you don't "really give a flying **** about ****s like" cricmate?????

He will never learn talking about things he doesn't quite understand *in this case as you suggest, the English language* like you will never understand "RESPECT."
I respect most people here. I don't respect this crickmate character because he mouths off about me without knowing a thing about what he's talking about.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I respect most people here. I don't respect this crickmate character because he mouths off about me without knowing a thing about what he's talking about.
Ah, there, there mate, just don't reply back to what they say. Pay no attention and no will care to bug you :happy:.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You don't do yourself any favours with patronising comments like "there, there".

Paying no attention to comments doesn't stop them being there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll only make further comments if people continue to insult my integrity by making claims about things they know nothing about.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Early indications from the practice matches already gone suggests, In this world cup the seamers are going to leak more runs than the spinners..... Just an observation ... But Fridays games between top 8 teams may give better indication...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah okay, as long as Nafees is right for the group stage. Have plenty of multis with him as top scorer for Bangladesh :cool:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dravid looked really odd in yesterday's game. Sachin was rotating strike rather easily, but Dravid kept picking out the fielders in the middle overs. He was like 45 off 72 at one point, before he crossed fifty and then opened out. I hope he is in better form when it comes to rotating strike in the big games, otherwise, it could potentially prove a huge problem. And seeing Sourav, Sehwag and Uthappa struggle against Holland is kind of worrying too. I know they didn't exactly "struggle" but still being unable to make more than 20 odd against these guys when you are opening the batting is kinda worrying.

What is more worrying is the fact that the pitches so far seem to be the usual Windies pitches. That should shoot up NZ and Sri Lanka's odds for me, along side the Windies' odds.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Dravid looked really odd in yesterday's game. Sachin was rotating strike rather easily, but Dravid kept picking out the fielders in the middle overs. He was like 45 off 72 at one point, before he crossed fifty and then opened out. I hope he is in better form when it comes to rotating strike in the big games, otherwise, it could potentially prove a huge problem. And seeing Sourav, Sehwag and Uthappa struggle against Holland is kind of worrying too. I know they didn't exactly "struggle" but still being unable to make more than 20 odd against these guys when you are opening the batting is kinda worrying.

What is more worrying is the fact that the pitches so far seem to be the usual Windies pitches. That should shoot up NZ and Sri Lanka's odds for me, along side the Windies' odds.

I honestly wouldn't read much into these games - I know it's cliched. BUt India were bowled out 204 by Netherlands in 2003 and still made the final.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
:wacko:

India are currently far worse than Lanka.
ANd yet SRi Lanka have won only 2 of their last 10 games against the Indians.....including losing their most recent series. Yes I know Murali and Vaas were missing but India were also not playing their first eleven in that series.

Can't honestly see how India are "far worse".