• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All them southerners will complain about how far they have to go.
Not really, there are only 2 things I enjoy more than driving, watching cricket (which I'll be looking forward to doing) and listening to music (which I'll be doing at the same time).

And no-one else has to worry about how far we're going if I'm taking care of 't.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The evidence suggests otherwise.

Lots of valid points raised in this thread; I personally would like to organise a proper match against a proper opposing team - being the "CW XI" so to speak, and organising 16 of us to play in a mess-around game just won't feel the same.

My thoughts now are emailing back Cookley and outlining the concerns - i.e. standard isn't likely be an issue as we're primarily in it for the social aspect - but we do worry that 15/16 year olds can be, how to put it, a little over-serious when it comes to cricket when we'll be everything but; and that there ain't gonna be much by way of post-match, um, refreshment.
So am I sending this reply?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Got the go ahead from me - might have to wait a day or so for everyone else involved's response...

What's the list looking like ATM BTW?

Neil Pickup

Got the go ahead from me - might have to wait a day or so for everyone else involved's response...

What's the list looking like ATM BTW?

I'll quote whoever I like whenever I like. I'm the one who gets things done. Copying my earlier list:

MJ Pitt: opener
SC Morris: opener
R Hingston: top order
PE Young: top order
KJ Gough: middle order
+A Crampton: middle order
TV Weber: middle/lower order
NL Patrick: lower order
JR Gray: small child
*NS Pickup: lower order/tail
C Hinton: tail
MT Mitchell: tail
R Dickinson: tail

That's 13 so allows for drop-outs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Copying my earlier list:

MJ Pitt: opener
SC Morris: opener
R Hingston: top order
PE Young: top order
KJ Gough: middle order
+A Crampton: middle order
TV Weber: middle/lower order
NL Patrick: lower order
JR Gray: small child
*NS Pickup: lower order/tail
C Hinton: tail
MT Mitchell: tail
R Dickinson: tail

That's 13 so allows for drop-outs.
That's RJE Dickinson to you... so SE Bennett is confirmed no?

I'll quote whoever I like whenever I like. I'm the one who gets things done.
I was only joking - no le around at the mo anyway, so not to worry... :sleepy:

Neil Pickup

That's RJE Dickinson to you... so SE Bennett is confirmed no?

I was only joking - no le around at the mo anyway, so not to worry... :sleepy:
I refuse to recognise any more than one middle initial.

And it's SA Bennett, and all I remember him doing is whinging about not being able to play it on the St Helens pitbull fighting rink.

Langeveldt

Soutie
The evidence suggests otherwise.

Lots of valid points raised in this thread; I personally would like to organise a proper match against a proper opposing team - being the "CW XI" so to speak, and organising 16 of us to play in a mess-around game just won't feel the same.

My thoughts now are emailing back Cookley and outlining the concerns - i.e. standard isn't likely be an issue as we're primarily in it for the social aspect - but we do worry that 15/16 year olds can be, how to put it, a little over-serious when it comes to cricket when we'll be everything but; and that there ain't gonna be much by way of post-match, um, refreshment.
Well I'm pretty bloody serious when it comes to playing cricket.. I expect Kevin could be as well, just to balance out the totally social element :)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Er, would I be allowed to turn up? I'll be renting a house in Selly Oak by then, which could be helpful for some people....?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Hey I might be in England this summer....I';m six feet tall and I can bowl very fast....I'm Pakistani after all....any spot for me in ur team, Mr Pickup ?

I would love to meet the great Marc Robbins and the esteemed Richard "First chance" Dickinson as wel...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hey I might be in England this summer....I';m six feet tall and I can bowl very fast....I'm Pakistani after all....any spot for me in ur team, Mr Pickup ?

I would love to meet the great Marc Robbins and the esteemed Richard "First chance" Dickinson as wel...
First change after myself and Goughy... :ph34r:

Are you on drugs? Diuretics, Nandrilone and such? Can this be arranged?

Last edited: