• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure we could organise something without the esteemed Ginger One.
The evidence suggests otherwise.

Lots of valid points raised in this thread; I personally would like to organise a proper match against a proper opposing team - being the "CW XI" so to speak, and organising 16 of us to play in a mess-around game just won't feel the same.

My thoughts now are emailing back Cookley and outlining the concerns - i.e. standard isn't likely be an issue as we're primarily in it for the social aspect - but we do worry that 15/16 year olds can be, how to put it, a little over-serious when it comes to cricket when we'll be everything but; and that there ain't gonna be much by way of post-match, um, refreshment.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
couldn't we just email some random other clubs? in the same area?

Cookley simply won't have a team to play us I think.
otherwise ask if Cookley has an idea for an opposition?

PY

International Coach
The evidence suggests otherwise.

Lots of valid points raised in this thread; I personally would like to organise a proper match against a proper opposing team - being the "CW XI" so to speak, and organising 16 of us to play in a mess-around game just won't feel the same.

My thoughts now are emailing back Cookley and outlining the concerns - i.e. standard isn't likely be an issue as we're primarily in it for the social aspect - but we do worry that 15/16 year olds can be, how to put it, a little over-serious when it comes to cricket when we'll be everything but; and that there ain't gonna be much by way of post-match, um, refreshment.
Sounds about right, the liquid lunch aspect is fairly important. ;)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's in Yorkshire. It's 60/90 minutes north of Birmingham and another hour or so on top of the Somerset lot.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
and I need to fly to some other random place.
nope needs to be in travelling distance from Matteh's homebase.
Goughy, Hakon and me have to make a lot of effort to get to this meet-up so please think of us, and where we are staying.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
and I need to fly to some other random place.
nope needs to be in travelling distance from Matteh's homebase.
Goughy, Hakon and me have to make a lot of effort to get to this meet-up so please think of us, and where we are staying.
Don't forget Hingston flying in from SA.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are enough of us in the South and South West to prohibit going to Yorkshire for the day.

My passport's out of date, anyway.