• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
The X is determined by the square numbers.

Hirwani (1)
Turner (4)
Richardson (9)
Lohmann (16)

etc.

Waugh retired one Test before he could make it into the list twice ;)
I thought this thread was "Cricket Guru" not mathematical Guru :p

adharcric

International Coach
Richard said:
You mean there's a long-time forum-member that I've never had a big argument with... :jawdrop:
Hopefully we'll get a chance in the near future.
Richard said:
Is that 8-) a 8-) at me being a legend or at those who consider me to be so?
Open for interpretation, I suppose.

archie mac

International Coach
What's going-on, this thread's been abandoned! :eek:
We are struggling to keep one trivia thread going at the moment, without SJS and Jason.

Welcome back Richard, although you should be aware that they have changed the bad word filter and now we can use the shorthand for Richard:happy:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jason is still around but does not vistit the trivia threads too often

SJS pops in once in a while:)
As some of you are aware, I took early retirement in August last year and have been on a long vacation now for four months. Have been travelling by road to many exotic places in India and am currently in Kashmir. Hence access to internet hasn't been easy. I wont be back in Mumbai till mid February. Should be here more often then.

I really miss CW in general and CC in particular.

PS : BTW, why the cup icon after my name ??? Does any one know ?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's alive!!! :) :p

the cup after your name is because you have a Highest score on 1 of the arcade games i beleive

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As some of you are aware, I took early retirement in August last year and have been on a long vacation now for four months. Have been travelling by road to many exotic places in India and am currently in Kashmir. Hence access to internet hasn't been easy. I wont be back in Mumbai till mid February. Should be here more often then.

I really miss CW in general and CC in particular.
Well, great to hear you'll be back sometime.

Your case sounds oddly familiar, BTW, wonder why that is... (not the early-retirement bit, incidentally)
PS : BTW, why the cup icon after my name ??? Does any one know ?
Well I dunno why but Rich H has it too...

adharcric

International Coach
Where in Kashmir? I haven't been back since I was a few years old. :mellow:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
OKAY GUYS

We are going to give it a kick start.

A former Indian captain had peanuts trickling down his arms as he stood to great the Queen of England in the traditional Indian greeting of 'namaskar' (palms together in front of the face) and it is said that a few peanuts even got lodged in Her Majesty'd shoes.

Who was the Indian captain and why did this happen ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
OKAY GUYS

We are going to give it a kick start.

A former Indian captain had peanuts trickling down his arms as he stood to great the Queen of England in the traditional Indian greeting of 'namaskar' (palms together in front of the face) and it is said that a few peanuts even got lodged in Her Majesty'd shoes.

Who was the Indian captain and why did this happen ?
Clearly the "kick" didnt manage to do the trick. I was wrong in presuming it was merely dormant.

RIP : Cricket Guru
Remebered affectionately
by dwindling few​