• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard..give up ( on AD that is )

we'll need 16 people who will certainly come, 11 turning up would be more likely imo.
and it would be fun to play in a team as a CW XI and play a random 4th team who is sociable and we can have a few drinks afterwards with.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it so impossible (we have how many confirmed so far?) to simply play A CW XI against AN Other CW XI? Even if it's 8-a-side or whatever.

Just to alleviate the "Dickinson maybe"s, I can certainly do July 15th so long as I know soon enough.
That idea was mooted, but there's not really been enough solid interest to justify 2 teams playing, plus i think Tarick's right that it would be more fun to represent CW against another completely different lot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, indeed, yes, but if we can't get another lot at the desired location, would that not be an attractive alternative?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Would Goughy be averse to coming along only for the ride?
Its the getting from South Africa issue Im trying to reconcile. If I can make it Id love to play, though it may be difficult.

And as mentioned, I aint that good any more :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nonetheless, the likelihood appears that you're rather better than most of us have ever been, and understandibly clubs are unlikely to want their 12-year-olds exposed to even self-proclaimed has-beens.

That was what I meant.

PY

International Coach
Its the getting from South Africa issue Im trying to reconcile. If I can make it Id love to play, though it may be difficult.

Are you still moving to Bulgaria because you can get stupidly cheap flights from there?

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
To all,

How embaressing would it be getting decisevly beaten by a bunch of 15/16 year old's IMO there would be much less embaressment playing as someone suggested a 4th XI or something.
I don't think many of us would really care tbh. Several likely team members admit they're not very good, and it's not really about winning at all, or for me anyway. Even if we did play a team of 15/16 year olds, our team would probably have several, so I can't see how it'd be that embarassing.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Is it so impossible (we have how many confirmed so far?) to simply play A CW XI against AN Other CW XI? Even if it's 8-a-side or whatever.

Just to alleviate the "Dickinson maybe"s, I can certainly do July 15th so long as I know soon enough.
Cracking idea

I'd prefer that because its flexible.. We could organize something similar to the knockaround we had in Birmingham.. But with obviously better kit, equipment, a pitch, etc..

Support from others?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Cracking idea

I'd prefer that because its flexible.. We could organize something similar to the knockaround we had in Birmingham.. But with obviously better kit, equipment, a pitch, etc..

Support from others?
Does sound good, but numbers and the finding of a place to play are an issue. Balancing the sides out would be fairly straightforward, and I'm sure someone would be willing to face off against Pickup as captain (much as I'd love to, telling a bunch of people I've never met before what to do and where to go just isn't me - plus those who've seen me before will tell you I'm a pretty **** cricketer).

TBH I'm not especially bothered either way, really. Although if it is CW vs CW, shotgun not facing anyone good. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Captaining against Neil would CERTAINLY appeal to me, though I'd have to doubt enough people on here trust me enough to accept me as a captain. :unsure:

And BTSOTs "anyone good" amounts to Goughy, and even he's allegedly a hasbeen.

Matteh

Yes, same line, next one on from the Parkway I believe (on the slow line into Birmingham)
I get the train back from Bangor to Leamington via Brum. For some reason it's about £5-10 cheaper which makes it worth the extra petrol cost the parents have to pay to pick me up.

Only bit i ever go to in Warwick is a house just opposite Tescos, haven't been to the centre for years (no point when the Parade is so close). The station looks like it's a way out ish judging by the fact i could see St Mary's up on the hill just after i went past Warwick.

Matteh

Sorry Goughy, already got Tarick and Haakon potentially staying over at mine. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait wait wait. I'm far too lazy to read the back log of this thread, but is Nath involved in this shindig?