• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do Aussies hate murili?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Turns out I was doing the same thing.

Mad.

Still, can anyone answer my earlier question, how can you filter out two teams? Or can't you?
You can't. I've actually emailed them about that very issue, to see if they can give us that ability.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh right

So when people quote stats on here with Ban/Zim games taken off, it's been done manually?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Oh right

So when people quote stats on here with Ban/Zim games taken off, it's been done manually?
Yes, unless it comes from some other site (I know in howstat.com, you can't do it either).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
silentstriker said:
You can't. I've actually emailed them about that very issue, to see if they can give us that ability.
And they replied saying "Ffs go to sleep"

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
The bastards didn't even reply. :mad: I was nice about it too, and suggested a couple other improvements.
I have pointed out a few mistakes to them and never got a response. I guess they don't like criticism.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
I would like to see Murali actually taking wickets in Australia - maybe even win a test for him to be bracketed as "great" - he certainly could not do it in India or South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Krishna_j said:
I would like to see Murali actually taking wickets in Australia - maybe even win a test for him to be bracketed as "great" - he certainly could not do it in India or South Africa
So how many tests has Warne won in India?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Krishna_j said:
I'd like to see him come and do decently - not passing off playing here due to the crowd.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
silentstriker said:
So how many tests has Warne won in India?
Neither has Murali = one should discount the hoard of Zimbabwe 2nd XI and hapless B'desh wickets from his haul and compare apples to apples

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
The bastards didn't even reply. :mad: I was nice about it too, and suggested a couple other improvements.
That's strange, they respond whenever I bitch about their domestic coverage.

JBH001

International Regular
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Oh right

Correct that is what I did for a recent thread.
(He has played a combined 20 tests vs Zim and Bang out of 110 overall)

The figures at that time did not include Murali's recent tests versus NZ.

Here are the figures again if you want them - I have added in the recent NZ figures.

90 Tests
30551 balls
12556 runs
537 wickets (5.96 wkts/test)
9/65 BBi
16/220 BBm
23.38 runs/wkt
56.89 balls/wkt
2.46 econ
44 5wi
14 10wm

Slow Love™

International Captain
I don't think all Aussies hate Murali. In fact, many like him. There's a wide variance of views - from ignorance "he's never chucked" (wrong) to "I've seen how bent his arm is" (irrelevant) to he may have chucked but doesn't anymore, or OK, everybody broke the old rules, but he chucks more than anybody, etc, etc, etc.

I guess on the internet I do find that more Australians proportionate to other countries have a very hostile relationship towards Murali, but other people's experiences may differ. In any case, the fact that a) he was called in Australia, b) it was an Australian umpire that called him, and c) he has an intense rivalry with an Australian spinner probably accounts for some of it.

valvolux

Cricket Spectator
It's because he has had his action queried countless times - he's been called for chucking....it's not a once off - there hasn't been a year go by in his career where people haven't queried his action. He has never had his action officially cleared - his doosra has always been judged dodgy, his normal off spinner only slightly less dodgy...no matter how many times he wants to go down and bowl 3 overs at 80% at some testing factilities...with his own coach as the offical who judges whether his bowling is reprasentative of what would happen in test.. ..it's just not going to silence the critics. It's never reprasentative of how he's bowling 30 overs into his spell at 100%. The last testing said his doosra was breaking the law....he was warned not to bowl it, yet he still bowls it (number one wicket taking ball) and everyone is just a little tired of going through the process again. He takes countless wickets against minnows, he's not tough enough to make it out to Australia, he struggles against australia, which is the true test of a champion bowler, and he's just plain unexciting guy. So the argument is that he has a birth defect - even so, he is doing something that other people can't and aren't allowed to - poeple have emulated his action (Botha) and too have been called for chucking. That's why he'll never be judged as a good bowler in Australia. I think it's fair enough - too many questions and unfortunately for him, his name will always have an asterix next to it with the label "chucker" in the footnotes.

Josh

International Regular
It's because he has had his action queried countless times - he's been called for chucking....it's not a once off - there hasn't been a year go by in his career where people haven't queried his action. He has never had his action officially cleared - his doosra has always been judged dodgy, his normal off spinner only slightly less dodgy...no matter how many times he wants to go down and bowl 3 overs at 80% at some testing factilities...with his own coach as the offical who judges whether his bowling is reprasentative of what would happen in test.. ..it's just not going to silence the critics. It's never reprasentative of how he's bowling 30 overs into his spell at 100%. The last testing said his doosra was breaking the law....he was warned not to bowl it, yet he still bowls it (number one wicket taking ball) and everyone is just a little tired of going through the process again. He takes countless wickets against minnows, he's not tough enough to make it out to Australia, he struggles against australia, which is the true test of a champion bowler, and he's just plain unexciting guy. So the argument is that he has a birth defect - even so, he is doing something that other people can't and aren't allowed to - poeple have emulated his action (Botha) and too have been called for chucking. That's why he'll never be judged as a good bowler in Australia. I think it's fair enough - too many questions and unfortunately for him, his name will always have an asterix next to it with the label "chucker" in the footnotes.
Sums it up even better.