• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do Aussies hate murili?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Matteh said:
I know why the English do....something about a game at the Oval a few years back...
I really like him actually, seems like a really nice bloke, and I don't think he chucks.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I don't hate the guy, and I admire what he has to put up with and what he has come through.. Still doesn't change the fact I resent him playing professional cricket though

Stumped

Banned
i think its coz there a bit jealous that he has taken so many wickets agaisnt bangladesh and those sort of countries

and its the battle between warne and murali

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stumped said:
i think its coz there a bit jealous that he has taken so many wickets agaisnt bangladesh and those sort of countries

and its the battle between warne and murali
24 wickets against Bangladesh, 26 against Zimbabwe. So only 624 against other teams. 8-)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
_Ed_ said:
24 wickets against Bangladesh, 26 against Zimbabwe. So only 624 against other teams. 8-)
Is that right? I'm sure on SSN the other day when they took those away, Warne was about 150 ahead.

_Ed_

According to StatsGuru on CricInfo it's 24 and 26 against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe respectively. But that could be wrong.

StatsGuru being wrong would shake my confidence in the world though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
_Ed_ said:
According to StatsGuru on CricInfo it's 24 and 26 against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe respectively. But that could be wrong.

StatsGuru being wrong would shake my confidence in the world though.
Same here, whereas SSN being wrong would, well, it's just another day innit

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Statsguru question that will probably make me sound dumb, but how do you make it so you filter out two teams?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It's 87 wickets against Zimbabwe and 50 against Bangladesh. Not sure where the 20s numbers came from. Zimbabwe is his third most prolific nation in terms of wickets, after South Africa and England, and Bangaldesh is 10th, behind Australia.

Those numbers aren't from ODIs either, where he has 43 against Zimbabwe and 19 against Bangladesh.

_Ed_

Oh dear, how embarrassing. I was looking at the Highest Score column by mistake. :laugh:

I REALLY shouldn't post on here when I come home from a long shift at work. Will I ever learn?

Apologies. Still, he's still taken a huge number of wickets against other teams, more than 500 which still has him in the top 5 wicket-takers in history.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
_Ed_ said:
Oh dear, how embarrassing. I was looking at the Highest Score column by mistake. :laugh:

I REALLY shouldn't post on here when I come home from a long shift at work. Will I ever learn?

Apologies. Still, he's still taken a huge number of wickets against other teams, more than 500 which still has him in the top 5 wicket-takers in history.
Turns out I was doing the same thing.

Mad.

Still, can anyone answer my earlier question, how can you filter out two teams? Or can't you?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
_Ed_ said:

:laugh: :laugh:

Legga

Banned
I don't think we hate him.

We just dislike him because we have first hand knowledge what a proper spin bowler is.(unlike most sad countries)

Or it might be the fact that he is a cheat who gets the laws of cricket changed for his personal benefit.