• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Pardon me, we've used 5 keepers - Ronchi, Latham, Phillips, Blundell, Seifert. Good effort in 12 months. Hang in there Dane Cleaver, and how have you not played for NZ Derek de Boorder.
And this was Cam Fletcher in this year's Super Smash:

CD Fletcher 9 9 5 275 74* 68.75 180 152.77 0 1 1 12 17

Flem274*

123/5
A lot of the less experienced Australian players from last night have played a lot less domestic cricket than I thought they would have given their ages. Is it still the norm for many Australian cricketers to make their FC debut in their mid twenties?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I hope that Stanlake isn't a member of CW. He'll sort Chapman out pretty quick if he gets a look at kippax's videos of Chapman's shortball 'technique'. Overall though, a deserved call-up. Less sure about Seifert in the near term, and I'm still not sure why Phillips fell out of favour so quickly. Still disappointed by the absence of Ferguson from the T20 squad.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Very harsh to drop Blundell after two matches, even if I didn’t think he should have been there in the first place. Larsen says it was because Bruce was out and they needed more hitting power? That can’t be great for Blundell’s confidence ... dropped because of another player’s lack of form. Incompetent from Larsen, imo.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Nah it's the right call. the stuff up was having blundell there in the first place, he's not what the team needs. Bloody hope they stick with Seifert for a decent period like they did with Baz.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Glad that Chapman got the call up. Also stoked for Seifert as well, although Phillips would still be my number 1 preferred keeper. But a bit of healthy competition will help between Seifert/Phillips.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

Nah it's the right call. the stuff up was having blundell there in the first place, he's not what the team needs. Bloody hope they stick with Seifert for a decent period like they did with Baz.
I agree it’s the right call, my issue is the decision to select Blundell in the first place (and then play him out of position and discard him almost immediately).

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Pardon me, we've used 5 keepers - Ronchi, Latham, Phillips, Blundell, Seifert. Good effort in 12 months. Hang in there Dane Cleaver, and how have you not played for NZ Derek de Boorder.
Plus Watling in Chappell Hadlee in Aus in Dec 2016 - only 14 months ago

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking forward to Hohns claiming that Maxi needs to perform at <insert unrelated format here> when explaining his inevitable exclusion from some future squad

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Today marks a dark day in Hong Kong - Kiwi relations. This will not be forgotten.
Worst part is NZ have timed this selection to coincide with HK's most important tournament - a move clearly out of spite.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Glad that Chapman got the call up. Also stoked for Seifert as well, although Phillips would still be my number 1 preferred keeper. But a bit of healthy competition will help between Seifert/Phillips.
Think this best sums it up.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to seeing Chapman. I don't want to build him up too much but is it any coincedence that the first part of his name is a masculine nomination just like another famous batsman?
Chap-man
Brad-man

Makes you think...

cnerd123

likes this
Looking forward to seeing Chapman. I don't want to build him up too much but is it any coincedence that the first part of his name is a masculine nomination just like another famous batsman?
Chap-man
Brad-man

Makes you think...
Atleast Australia didn't steal Bradman from PNG or something

nzfan

Good move to bring in Chapman but not so sure about not having Blundell though. Blundell hasn't had much chances in twenty20s, he's only got in couple of games ago. They could have persisted with him but Seifert ain't a bad choice.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I wasn't following the media closely when Oz's T20 squad was announced, but is it generally assumed that Smith will get straight back into this side when available or is this subtle way of him being phased out of the T20 int side to extend his Test/ODI career?

I've sensed for a while that Warner would be a better captain in the shorter forms (his record when in charge is very good) and Smith will be going for over 2 years without having played a T20 international and his record wasn't that great anyway. But unless I missed the media reports he's still the official T20 Oz captain.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith would definitely still be in our best T20 team, he's far better than someone like Head.

Wait unless Finch comes back as well . . .

Maybe he isn't actually

cnerd123

likes this
Smith would definitely still be in our best T20 team, he's far better than someone like Head.

Wait unless Finch comes back as well . . .

Maybe he isn't actually
TJB, what do you make of Hong Kong cricketers now being good enough to play for New Zealand? Have the Kiwis sunk to a new low, or is HK Cricket just that good?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it really an upgrade to play for a nation that has employed the services of Peter Fulton?