• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Two Thousand and Twenty Two Test side

Howe_zat

Audio File
I hope it's something like

1. Lawrence
2. Hameed
3. Root
4. Livingstone
5. Bairstow
6. Stokes
7. Buttler
8. Woakes
9. Curran
10. Broad
11. Crane
Bumps

Crane, Curran, Lawrence and Livingstone all got test debuts between this post and now so I'm going to call this a non-**** prediction, even though it ended up closer to a T20 side than a Test lineup.

I don't think anyone thought Anderson would still be there and still be gun, somehow he never stopped exceeding expectations.

Gob

International Coach
1. Matt Renshaw
2. Marcus Harris
3. Steve Smith
4. Ashton Turner
5. Peter Handscomb
6. Jason Sangha
7. Matt Wade
8. James Pattinson
9. Pat Cummins
10. Xavier Bartlett
11. Nathan Lyon

Josh Hazlewood, Mitch Starc, Hilton Cartwright, Arjun Nair, Travis Head, any keeper, Mitch Marsh, Jack Wildermuth, Jack Doran, Austin Waugh were all considered.

Haze left out purely because I wanted to have an 11 with a few young guys, not a team full of 100 game vets.
This is a horrible team

Shady Slim

International Coach
aw pls no marcus harris

Matt Renshaw
Dan Hughes
KPat
Steve Smith
Moises Henriques or Hilton Cartwright
Nic Maddinson
Jay Lenton
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc or Jason Behrendorff
Arjun Nair
Josh Hazlewood

no idea how nair bats

no idea about anything really here, evidently
yet again i am Correct

Shady Slim

International Coach
Arjun Nair lol.
bloke was all the rage then

funnily enough i’ve never liked him, but maybe that’s also a function of him playing for Sydney Green; were i to pick a 2027 test side i would pick Tangha and do the same mistake (but tbf i like tangha)

Shady Slim

International Coach
Matt Renshaw
David Warner
Steve Smith
Jake Lehmann
Hilton Cartwright
Austin Waugh
Josh Inglis/Jimmy Peirson
James Pattinson
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Arjun Nair
gnske was also nairpilled see

hilton cartwright the lee carseldine of twenty seventeen

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook
Hameed
Root
Clarke
Livingstone
Stokes
Foakes
Archer
Curran S
Fisher
Crane

Cook will be hanging on trying to beat Tendulkar's run record. Stokes may well be a busted flush by then given how much we play and his injury record. Bowling is a complete guess as I don't see any of the current side still being around in 5 years time. We have lots of good young players just not sure I have picked the right ones in my side.
Bit like Howe zat with most of mine getting caps but it looking more like a T20 bowling line up. Glad Clarke is not getting a look in but nobody could have guessed why.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahul
Iyer
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Pant
Ashwin
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Yadav

Shami and Ishant might not last long. Iyer and Pant will get into the team while the rest remain the same but with powers on the wane.
Almost all right except for Bumrah and Siraj/Axar for Bhuvi and Rahane.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bloke was all the rage then

funnily enough i’ve never liked him, but maybe that’s also a function of him playing for Sydney Green; were i to pick a 2027 test side i would pick Tangha and do the same mistake (but tbf i like tangha)
He was never any good and always chucked it

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Technically yes. But all three are probably done. They're just kinda hanging on.
Yea technically you’re not wrong. Just that the selectors haven’t cottoned on. The problem with giving these guys that many chances is that eventually someone will score - what then? You give them another 20 tests while they stink the place out based on that one series where they did well after 20 tests of utter ****?