• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personal Cricket Statutes

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
- There should be an exam before every game to stop people who dont know the rules playing. *Note to tapeball cricketers now playing hardball* Not everything that hits the pad is out and stop reacting like the umpire shot your Grandmother if he gives it not out. It ruins the game for those that can actually play it. Invest the time in reading the laws rather than sulking or complaining of cheating.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The exam definitely needs to include the 'free hit' rule and administered to West Indian cricketers regularly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are your cricket morals? What statutes do you base your whole perception and opinions of cricket on? Rather than have people state their opinions over and over again (ie flat spin, AA, SH etc), might as well just post them in one place. :)

1/ Brian Lara is still the Test record-holder. :P
2/ Ravi Rampaul is not Test standard... yet.
3/ Dave Mohammed for President.
4/ Australia will be a used force in 5 years time.
5/ Heath Streak is severely under-rated.
6/ Gilchrist's average is inflated.
7/ Flat spin is very effective in ODI cricket.
8/ Asoka... argh.
1. Well he still is, yes, and he made it official a few months after. Ftr, I still don't think Hayden ever was.
2. Pretty much the same, except he probably never will be.
3. :cool:
4. Well they have lost the Ashes twice and slipped down the ratings. :ph34r:
5. Even in retirement he's better than 80% of fast bowlers around. :cool:
6. Well duh. But still a fine batsman.
7. I think I was getting at it being acceptable/excusable in the ODI environment. That said, there's a definite place for flight and T20 is showing that more and more.
8. :sleep:

Was resurrecting this to add some more/make new ones, but then I realized that I need to put more thought into it. So this little reflection will do for now.