• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do You Think These Players Will Play Internationally?

iamdavid

International Debutant
May I add someone to the list...Bilal Shafayat.

Has been around forever it seems (despite being only 23) and had a distinguished junior career, but seems to be heading nowhere in a hurry...What do those who've seen a little more of him think?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bopara's blatantly the next Colly, gets in the ODI team for 3-4-5 years, and then when he gets a proper run in Tests due to injury, plays too well to get dropped.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year

Has been around forever it seems (despite being only 23) and had a distinguished junior career, but seems to be heading nowhere in a hurry...What do those who've seen a little more of him think?
I honestly doubt if he's going to have an international career tbh, he has his pluses and those are the range of shots he possess, however he is to prone to inconsistency atm and usually starts seasons really well and fades off. Their's no question he has a hell of a lot of talent but It will take him a good 2-3 years of consistent scores for Notts before he's even remotely considered in either format.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

:laugh:

My comments of the time still stand.

(Don't worry, so do Bennett's later on as well :p)

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
Shafayat was talked up by the media and it went to his head. He went on an A tour in 2003 and obviously didn't impress as he hasn't been on another one since. Rather than trying to impress in the 2nds at Notts he felt he should have been in the 1st team so he moved to Northants. In and out there so he has gone back to Notts and same thing there. Patel who waited patiently for his chance has made it into the 1st team and has impressed and overtaken Shafayat. I see Shafayat moving counties again soon. Maybe it's his attitude that is holding him back.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... the thread linked to, amazingly enough... :unsure:

Click the smiley, open the thread, read.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone got any comments on RH-B
Saw him bowl for the first time tonight, he did alright. Yet, really haven't seen enough of him to give a definitive answer, I doubt many have.

Even though, he's an off-spinning all-rounder, so he may tour with England, this winter. If Alex Loudon can..............

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't believe he'll ever play again, no, which means, ridiculously, he'll have a century in his final Test (a game that shouldn't even be a Test).

FBU

International Debutant
End of the season - time to up date the list

Bopara - In Sri Lanka with the ODI team
Godleman - Started the season well but fizzled out. Maybe another season needed
Denly - Started well and also fizzled out
Horton
Hildreth
Ambrose -
Wright - In Sri Lanka with ODI team
Wagg
Rashid
Swann - In Sri Lanka with ODI team
Kabir Ali
Bresnan
Plunkett
Waters - Bowlers like Jordan and Finn look better.

Flem274*

123/5
No one will even know who most of these guys are but oh well:

Jesse Ryder
Rob Nicol
Greg Hay
Aaron Redmond
Neil Broom
David Houpapa
Peter Ingram
Bevan Griggs
Tim Southee
Corey Anderson
Richard Sherlock
Hamish Bennet
Bradley Scott
James McMillan
Paul Hitchcock
Graeme Aldridge
Matthew Harvie

Yes I know thats alot of names but IMO all have the ability to play at the top level.A few of those bowlers are still teenagers so alot of those guys I expect will come along in 2011-2015