• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies- To Be Or Not To Be

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My West Indies played their first match today in the tournament, proper, and got absolutely decimated. As a diehard fan, it was utterly embarrassing. A team full of so-called superstars defecating themselves out in the middle for the whole world to see.

If the same attitude towards cricket continues then there is no way we'll be lifting the trophy again. The plan for me is to regroup, plan a *****ing innings ffs. Don't go out there expecting things to happen, you make things happen. It's a wake up call for sure. The lack basic knowledge about this modern game. It's not all about hitting 4's and 6's...use your brains for once. For instance, Hetmyer already smacked consecutive boundaries in the same over in which he was dismissed...he doesn't have a cricketing brain.

In another post to come, I will highlight our team's dot ball percentage compare to the rest of the teams.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I so much want to laugh and deride the Windies lack of be, but I still bitterly remember the last time I did that stuff.

SillyCowCorner1

Whose cricket display worse in first games india or west indies
Our batting was crap but our bowling and fielding wasn’t that bad at all. But with all the old guys in our team, i wouldn’t be surprised to see Holder, Odean, and Motie making appearances this tournament

Bahseph

State Captain
When the Windies strategy of six hitting pays off then there aren't many teams in the world that can compete with them. Perhaps England. But even if the new age of T20 cricket where specialized roles and strategies are used,having a lack of strike rotating batsmen is an issue. Surely a Roston Chase or Holder is worth a spot? Dwayne Bravo's batting has regressed considerably to even be considered a number 5 in any format at International level.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Was watching the game on Sky in UK when either Darren Sammy or Ian Bishop were commentating. They were suggesting before the game that singles didn't count because they could hit boundaries. From my perspective the problem is:

1. The bowling is cr*p
  2. Too many players living on past performances
  3. The 'new' brigade of batsman aren't consistent
Still. it'sonly the first game, so who knows.

SillyCowCorner1

Was watching the game on Sky in UK when either Darren Sammy or Ian Bishop were commentating. They were suggesting before the game that singles didn't count because they could hit boundaries. From my perspective the problem is:

1. The bowling is cr*p
  2. Too many players living on past performances
  3. The 'new' brigade of batsman aren't consistent
Still. it'sonly the first game, so who knows.
They made this clear even before the tournament began

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Fair to suggest Gayle and Russell are better off eschewing singles but the rest have to do the hard yards. The format keeps restlessly evolving; what worked four years ago may not be good enough anymore.