• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the neutrals supporting in the final?

Who are the neutrals supporting in the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
What a terrible final. Two most least likeable teams but I’ll support Australia because they are the underdog infront of modi so big

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India, I guess? I'll feel better about our semi-final exit if Australia suffer a worse defeat in the final than we did.

But I'm a fan of Maxi and Cummins, so won't be too upset if either of them does something ridiculous to win it for Australia.

Molehill

International Captain
India for me. They've been the best team in the tournament by a margin and deserve to win it. I suspect they'd have been tough to beat in any conditions too. Another team winning a home World Cup (4 in a row) might also see the ICC look to move things around a bit more in the future.... well after 2031 anyway.

Oh, and I'd obviously sooner stick pins in my eyes than support the Aussie Cricket Team!!

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
India for me for 2 reasons.

Firstly, they've been the best team in the WC and deserve to win it.

Also I've always had a soft spot for them. When I first watched cricket in the late 1970s, India were pretty poor - nothing like the powerhouse they are today.

They had no quick bowlers, relied heavily on spin and we're often pretty hopeless in the field. Plus of course they had the great Sunil Gavaskar.

Secondly of course I'm in the anyone but Australia camp. Truth be told I don't mind this Aussie side but I couldn't bear the Aussies on here wanking on about being WC for the next 4 years. 😆

Molehill

International Captain
Secondly of course I'm in the anyone but Australia camp. Truth be told I don't mind this Aussie side but I couldn't bear the Aussies on here wanking on about being WC for the next 4 years. 😆
Not entirely sure about that....

Warner - Cheat and just a complete knob
Head - Crapped on my County
Marsh - Generally rubbish but does annoyingly well against England
Smith - Cheat
Labuschagne - Saffa
Inglis - Traitor
Maxwell - Seems ok
Cummins - Annoyingly ok (but the fact many Aussies don't like him makes him better)
Starc - Cheat
Zampa - Coffee obsessed weirdo
Hazlewood - Cheat

Sunil1z

International Regular
As a neutral Singaporean, I support India. Australia’s rampant history of cheating (including 2 convicted cheaters in the current XI, and a bowling attack that was complicit) means they shouldn’t win anything.
You should not forget Ponting playing with spring in his bat in 2003 final and Gilchrist playing with Golf ball in his gloves in 2007 final.