• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad retires

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
This really came as a surprise to me. Thought he looked like he was enjoying his cricket and off the field stuff immensely under Stokes, after a rough patch thanks to the ECB. He's bowling as well as ever too.

Look forward to hearing him on commentary where he's really quite excellent.
Me too. Part of me thought he might want to play as long as Anderson and get to 700 wickets.

But, like you say, he's enjoying it and I think a home Ashes is the best time for him to bow out probably, given the theatre. Perfect timing.