• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Windies Team for the World Cup

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finally, they have announced the squad,

1. Rovman Powell (c)
2. Alzarri Joseph (vc)
3. Johnson Charles
4. Roston Chase
5. Shimron Hetmyer
6. Jason Holder
7. Shai Hope
8. Akeal Hosein
9. Shamar Joseph
10. Brandon King
11. Gudakesh Motie
12. Nicholas Pooran
13. Andre Russell
14. Sherfane Rutherford
15. Romario Shepherd

Notable exclusions: Obed McCoy, Kyle Mayer, Oshane Thomas

Shamar's inclusion is a result of rolling the dice...very green in this format. Kyle Mayers didn't make it because he's not played any cricket over the past few months (?).

And a reminder to everyone, Roston Chase is Thanos.

Last edited:

Silver Silva

International Debutant
So it could probably be :

1.Brandon King
2.Johnson Charles
3.Shai Hope (WK)
4.Nicholas Pooran
5.Rovman Powell (C)
6.Andre Russell
7.Romario Shepard
8.Jason Holder
9.Alzarri Joseph
10.Akeal Hosein
11.Gudakesh Motie/Shamar Joseph

SillyCowCorner1

So it could probably be :

1.Brandon King
2.Johnson Charles
3.Shai Hope (WK)
4.Nicholas Pooran
5.Rovman Powell (C)
6.Andre Russell
7.Romario Shepard
8.Jason Holder
9.Alzarri Joseph
10.Akeal Hosein
11.Gudakesh Motie/Shamar Joseph
The matches in Guyana will most likely have Motie and Rutherford playing...not to mention, Hetmyer.

SillyCowCorner1

West Indies might have a formidable middle order if Hope, Pooran and Hetmyer keep up their current form.
Yes, going at a decent rate in time for Rovman, Russell, and Romario to hit out.

It should be highlighted that in the press conference, Darren Sammy mentioned the Hetmyer pick was as a finisher...so he's probably going to be coming after Rovman in the lineup...that's on paper of course.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
The matches in Guyana will most likely have Motie and Rutherford playing...not to mention, Hetmyer.
Why does Hetmyer struggle so much in a West Indies shirt ?

For West Indies he averages just 20 at a terrible SR of 118 , but in IPL he averages 31 at a SR of 154 ..

SillyCowCorner1

Why does Hetmyer struggle so much in a West Indies shirt ?

For West Indies he averages just 20 at a terrible SR of 118 , but in IPL he averages 31 at a SR of 154 ..
Hunger, I guess. I didn't have him in my WC squad. Why did they pick him? Because he's a legit finisher in league cricket.

Qlder

International 12th Man
No one is stopping the others from making their own team's thread. We did the same thing for the ODI WC. Also, we are hosts

No hard feelings ;)
Ok, since hosts and the fact you had a God like team in 80's and early 90's that I had so much enjoyment watching I'll let it pass 😉

SillyCowCorner1

Rumors outta Guyana is that Windies included Hetmyer in the squad because they knew that he’s not gonna miss any flights.

That’s unless wifey approves.