• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2023

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Pak are still a better LO side than India, for me.
non-stop gambhiring.

Here's the truth. India will win WC2023 by storming to 9 wicket victory in under 35 overs.
Next year IND will dethrone Eng from T20WC too.
They have world's best batter VK, world's best bowlers JB & MS, an ATG opener RGS & world's best young batter in SG. 2*360 batters in Rahul & SKY. They also have TV, Jaiswal, Rinku, Prasidh, Tyagi, Sen & Mohsin etc. I don't see any team stopping India from utter dominance at-least for next 10 years. India has the chance & right ingredients too to break the 15y no-Test-Series-loss streak set by Great WI Team(1980---1995).

Himannv

International Coach
non-stop gambhiring.

Here's the truth. India will win WC2023 by storming to 9 wicket victory in under 35 overs.
Next year IND will dethrone Eng from T20WC too.
They have world's best batter VK, world's best bowlers JB & MS, an ATG opener RGS & world's best young batter in SG. 2*360 batters in Rahul & SKY. They also have TV, Jaiswal, Rinku, Prasidh, Tyagi, Sen & Mohsin etc. I don't see any team stopping India from utter dominance at-least for next 10 years. India has the chance & right ingredients too to break the 15y no-Test-Series-loss streak set by Great WI Team(1980---1995).
I like how you've not mentioned any of their allrounders - a surefire way of getting under hb's skin. Ignoring Iyer is also clever since he's in hb's fantasy team. This just needs a sly dig at Lara to be the perfect comeback.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
No Asian Team is winning WC . All are mental midgets
Except India. This Indian team has some sort of Superpower E=MC*BC^2.(remebber: rain came at right time in 1st Pak vs Ind match for india, yesterday it didn't come when we are in trouble.) Your next in line leader is Hardik Pandya who not only is exceptionally talented but also oozes confidence with his all-round performances. Then you have Pant who is a clutch player. Your whole XI consists of genius & ATG players.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
I like how you've not mentioned any of their allrounders - a surefire way of getting under hb's skin. Ignoring Iyer is also clever since he's in hb's fantasy team. This just needs a sly dig at Lara to be the perfect comeback.
Rahul & Kishan scoring in this Asia Cup made it hard for Iyer to come back. Pant also nearly recovered from Injury, he is practicing in NCA.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
I like how you've not mentioned any of their allrounders
My bad. Pandya is currently the best LOI A/R. Better than that criminal Stokes. Jadeja is The Answer to any difficult situation whether it arises during batting, bowling or fielding. Then they have Raj Bawa & Hangrekar from U-19 batch. India have so many talented players that sometimes it feels like other countries are just here so that India can dominate them like no tomorrow.
Gap b/w US military & Burkina Faso's military is smaller than the gap b/w ICT & ROW.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
non-stop gambhiring.
Not at all. A fully fit Pak side has all the ingredients of doing well at the WC. Shadab's form is crucial, obviously, and having both your spinners be allrounders may not be best but the fact that you have 3 allrounders plus all your first-choice fast bowlers are more than capable of smashing few 6s at the death with the bat.

Pak gng full Pak is always a possibility but its also true that, on balance, this batting, bowling and all-round combination of Pak should have them be the top favorite for the WC, with Aus being #2. This is not gambhiring. This is just honest fact-stating.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Its also true that, on balance, this batting, bowling and all-round combination of Pak should have them be the top favorite for the WC, with Aus being #2. This is not gambhiring. This is just honest fact-stating.
In which universe is Imam>Warner, Fakhar>Head, Babar>clutch Smith, Chacha>Marsh, Agha>T.David/Maxwell, Rana Faheem Stokes > Stoinis, Shadab bat > Green, Shadab bowl > Zampa, Shaheen>Starc, Naseem>Haze/Cummins ?

We have pretty mediocre team & you are hyping it to moon.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Naseem is better than anyone not named Starc in the Aussie fast bowling lineup, when he is fully fit. And quite a few of the Aussie batters would struggle in SC even on belters IMO. I know IPL has removed a lot of the X factor for them when playing in India, esp. white ball stuff but I would still back Pak to bat better than Aus in a typical tired SC pitch.