• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Descending Strike Rates Draft

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I'm extremely surprised that Hansie didn't get picked. He was an absolutely brilliant ODI player.
I did actually wonder when looking at players at the start of the draft whether to consider him as a possible pick depending on how the draft goes but thought potentially a vote loser. Intrigued now the topic has been brought up as to what people's thoughts are about this? Might set up a thread in drafting forum later today on that.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
My team:

01. Sourav Ganguly (c)
02. Matthew Hayden
03. Ryan ten Doescharte
04. A B de Villiers (wk)
05. Angelo Mathews
06. Chris Cairns
07. Jimmy Neesham
08. Wasim Akram
09. Adil Rashid
10. Fanie de Villiers
11. Saqlain Mushtaq

I think it's a very well balanced team and I mostly happy with it. Sourav Ganguly is a top 10 ODI opener for me (and an excellent captain) and Hayden isn't really much behind him. Ryan ten Doescharte is probably the most controversial pick due to playing only a handful of times against top opponents; but he was a splendid one to watch, scored plenty in List A, FC and T20s, only has Tikolo as a competitor for best Associate player, and overall maintains the Highest ODI batting average. I rate him fairly high. A B de Villiers is a top 5 ODI bat and a dependable keep and is the very foundation of this team. My best batsman. While Angelo Mathews forms a much appreciated pivot at 5. A spectacular all rounder like Chris Cairns at 6; and while not a great player, the no. 7 role fits Neesham like a glove. Wasim Akram and Adil Rashid provides some much needed depth to this batting attack. While bowling, I expect Wasim Akram (a top 3 pacer), Fanie de Villiers (a top 10 pacer) and Saqlain Mushtaq (a top 2 spinner) to bowl their full quotas of 10 overs. Of the remaining, anything from around 12-20 of a combination of Chris Cairns and Adil Rashid depending on their form sounds very reasonable; while for the rest I have a long list of options in Neesham, Doescharte, Mathews and Ganguly. Overall, while certain things could had been better; I am happy with my team.

kingkallis

International Coach
I did actually wonder when looking at players at the start of the draft whether to consider him as a possible pick depending on how the draft goes but thought potentially a vote loser. Intrigued now the topic has been brought up as to what people's thoughts are about this? Might set up a thread in drafting forum later today on that.
Yeah that's one reason why people don't pick Hansie, Azhar, Malik, Asif etc. Nobody really likes a cheat.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that's a good idea. It's happened more than once that Azharuddin would have been the "right" choice for my side but I just thought it'd lose me votes over the years