• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Miscellaneous News (Not to be confused with the Drama Thread)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
The argument for leaving him out runs towards "balance", an idea that sometimes works more magic on the mind than on the cricket field.

Something I agree with strongly. Don't sacrifice playing your best 4 bowlers for just a little bit of theoretical batting depth.

Sunil1z

International Regular
The argument for leaving him out runs towards "balance", an idea that sometimes works more magic on the mind than on the cricket field.

Something I agree with strongly. Don't sacrifice playing your best 4 bowlers for just a little bit of theoretical batting depth.
Go and check score card of 1987 or 2019 WC semi-final in which India played. You will realise why we need batting depth.😀

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Go and check score card of 1987 or 2019 WC semi-final in which India played. You will realise why we need batting depth.😀
I mean we always need batting depth. You'll never look at a scorecard and say "glad we didn't have batting depth". It's too easy to argue for batting depth in isolation. It's all about the trade offs. Best batting and bowling depth is what you get from your best batters and bowlers, like SA has historically had.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
We are discussing about Shami’s inclusion/exclusion because Siraj has failed in this WC . Except Pakistan match , he hasn’t delivered in any match .
I took it as Shami vs Shardul debate. Early in the tournament there was no way we would consider leaving Siraj out. Now is a different situation.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah its Shami v Siraj now and Shami is winning it.

The real debate will be Ashwin v Thakur for Knockout games. Tbh its a no brainer but Indian management is obsessed with having extra seam bowling options!

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah its Shami v Siraj now and Shami is winning it.

The real debate will be Ashwin v Thakur for Knockout games. Tbh its a no brainer but Indian management is obsessed with having extra seam bowling options!
Make turners and unleash Kuldeep, Ashwin, Jadeja along with Bumrah, Shami, Hardik.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Honestly, I think the template of 2 pacers + 1 spinner + 1 can bat pacer + Jadeja + Pandya makes a lot of sense, we just don't have the correct guy for the template, or maybe we do for some matches given how high variance Thakur is, but normally we don't.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashwin > Thakur (who barely bowls more than 4-5 overs and never bats. And batting ability wise he is only slightly better than Ashwin if at all)

Against a Sena nation in the KO games, there is no way I would play Thakur over Ashwin! He would get murdered.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Today's match is a perfect example of -the importance of having a FRONT LINE 6th bowler as opposed to multiple trundlers and part timers as 6th bowlers!

Imagine if one of Shami, Bumrah, Jadeja, Kuldeep, Pandya goes down during a match , then India'd have to solely rely on 10 overs from Thakur! It'd not end well against SA or AUS.

So it's a far better option to have a proper bowler like Ashwin who can bowl 10 overs in any sort of situation. If another bowler or two are having a crap day, he would be an ideal cover against a SENA nation.