• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Bazball made Test cricket interesting again?

Whistler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Not knocking the Aussie style of play but I grew up in the 90s watching the Ashes where people like Taylor and Waugh would bore us to death with their scoring at 2 runs an over. Christ, that was tough to watch. At least England make Test cricket interesting.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Test cricket was always interesting.
It never was uninteresting.

Over the past few years, we witnessed special knocks from Stokes, KJP, and Mayers.

In the bowling arena, there's that Wagner dude from NZ...

And, 'build the man a statue!' Scott Boland.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think the idea of bazball has made it more interesting at least

the tv ratings here have been huge

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Another battler adding credence to the idea that you shouldn't be allowed to start a thread until you've made 100 posts.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
I'm more inclined to the argument that Wood is saving Test cricket
It's actually NZ who's making Test cricket interesting, first; by winning 1st ever WTC, second; by exporting Baz & Stokes, & finally by unleashing the beast Bracewell & branding him as a fine blend of Stokes and Nathon Lyon.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
It's made it interesting for people who never were interested in Test Cricket I guess , Test Cricket is misunderstood by the general public , its a game of attrition, strategy ..But if you've been brainwashed to only love sprints (T20), you can never appreciate marathons (Tests).

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Test Cricket is misunderstood by the general public , its a game of attrition
Where is this definition written?

Test cricket is a TEST of players' skills.
It's up to batters how they want to survive the hostile bowling.
It's up to bowlers how they take wickets. There're no restrictions except max. 2 bouncer per over.