• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gray nicolls bat choice

rehann

Cricket Spectator
Hi, I am looking to purchase a Gray Nicolls bat from the latest 2024 range.
I was wondering if someone has any suggestions on which bat to go for out of GEM 2.0 and Shockwave 2.1?
My main concern when choosing a bat is light pickup - I'm not very strong so I like to manouvre it around rather than go for power shots. I use 2.8 weight bats generally and even then if it has too low a middle I find the pickup heavy and not suitable.
Any suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks

johnnndiesel

Cricket Spectator
Hi,

I would recommend considering the Shockwave 2.1. This bat is known for its balance and maneuverability, which should suit your playing style.

Thanks
John

rehann

Cricket Spectator
Hi,

I would recommend considering the Shockwave 2.1. This bat is known for its balance and maneuverability, which should suit your playing style.

Thanks
John
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I was initially going to go for Shockwave 2.1 but then I came accross Gem 2.0 which they said is known for ultra lightweight pickup, so got in two minds:(
Do you have any experience with Gem 2.0?
Last year i bought one from the Alpha range (i think it was 5-Star Lite), but when it arrived I felt the pickup wasn't very light even though it was 2.8 weight, and eventually had to give it away.
I'll be ordering from overseas and cant pop up in the shop hence want to be very sure and not end up in the same situation as last year.

johnnndiesel

Cricket Spectator
Yes, one of my colleagues carries it but I didn't try so would not give anything about it but as per his experience he is not completely satisfied with it.