• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Four Eras Test Draft Voting

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You know, I didn't really consider that aspect in this draft and I usually only think about it when I'm putting my team together at the end. So that is good feedback. I generally just try to get the best player possible for the position I want so I need to refine my thinking more in this case.
Picking the best player possible really is the way to go haha. Think people tend to overthink it especially when there a different criterias.

Usually works for me anyway although apparently not on this occasion.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Picking the best player possible really is the way to go haha. Think people tend to overthink it especially when there a different criterias.

Usually works for me anyway although apparently not on this occasion.
You ended up in a ridiculously tough group. Difficult decisions had to be made. Reckon i'd have had you winning any of the other three.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I probably overlooked the interwar period a little bit too long. 3 players from that era was pretty disproportionate

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Group A: Teuton, Pothas
Group B: Himannv, Silver Silva
Group D: Line and Length, Trundler

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Group A: 1. Bitmap 2. Teuton
Group B: 1. Himannv 2. Ataraxia
Group C: 1. Capt Luffy 2. JOJOXI
Group D: 1. L&L 2. Red

To me, Group D is the group of death. Trundy and FP would have got my vote if they were in any other group.

Voted based on team balance followed by overall team strength.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
With all but one participant having voted and 3 'spectators' adding their votes, it's time to tally votes and move on to our final voting stage.
First choice votes earned 2 points and second choice is given 1 point. In the event of a tie, both go through to the final.
The results were very close with every contestant gaining points.
The results:
Group A: Teuton 16; Bitmap 15, Pothas 7; Patience 4
Group B: Himannv 13; ataraxia 13; Silver Silva 10; Cricket Bliss 5
Group C: capt_Luffy 19; AndrewB 11; JOJOXI 10; Krypto 2
Group D: Line & Length 13; Fuller Pilch 12; trundler 11; Red 9

Thanks to all who voted. I hope to see you voting in the final.
Commiserations to those who came so close to making the final.