• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing politicians

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice way to not answer the question.
Yes Waugh’s stats were poor.. but again he was picked not just for his batting, unlike Crawley. Plus, unlike Crawley, he actually had multiple quality domestic seasons in his early years. Why are you having such trouble comprehending the difference?

Binkley

U19 Captain
If you play cricket in Wellington you will occasionally encounter politicians who play socially, not quite the same thing, but you learn a lot about a guy from how they conduct themselves. Campbell Barry the Mayor of Hutt City is a good bowler but a horrible person. He actually told me I was a "****ing **** loser who shouldn't bother playing cricket" among other things. Kieran McAnulty is a social cricketer and not the worst bowler I've ever kept to, and is also a very nice person in my experience.
Also in Wellington, former test opener and nude spin bowler John “Mystery” Morrison was a local Council representative.