• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Calendar Draft

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
My final team:

1, Herbert Sutcliffe /
2. Sid Barnes /
3. Ian Chappell (Capt) /o
4. Jack Ryder /o
5. Everton Weekes /
6. Garfield Sobers /o
7. Ravindra .Jadeja /o
8. Alan Knott wkp /
9. Pat Cummins o
10. Ryan Harris o
11. Neil Adcock o

While averages aren't everything, all of the top 6, apart from the captain (and he was no slouch), average over 50 with the bat. Indeed both openers average over 60 and 3 (Barnes, Sutcliffe and Weekes) are in the top 10 averages for players with over 1,000 runs. In addition, Jadeja and Knott at 7 and 8 have 8 Test centuries between them.
Adcock and Harris share the new ball with Cummins operating as his preferred first change. Sobers and Jadeja provide the spin with Sobers also capable of spells of pace. If needed, both Chappell and Ryder can roll their arm over.

My thanks to @JOJOXI for organising a challenging and interesting draft.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
My final team:

1, H.Sutcliffe /
2. S.Barnes /
3. I.Chappell (Capt) /o
4. J.Ryder /o
5. E.Weekes /
6. G.Sobers /o
7. R.Jadeja /o
8. A.Knott wkp /
9. P.Cummins o
10. R.Harris o
11. N.Adcock o

While averages aren't everything, all of the top 6, apart from the captain (and he was no slouch), average over 50 with the bat. Indeed both openers average over 60 and 3 (Barnes, Sutcliffe and Weekes) are in the top 10 averages for players with over 1,000 runs. In addition, Jadeja and Knott at 7 and 8 have 8 Test centuries between them.
Adcock and Harris share the new ball with Cummins operating as his preferred first change. Sobers and Jadeja provide the spin with Sobers also capable of spells of pace. If needed, both Chappell and Ryder can roll their arm over.

My thanks to @JOJOXI for organising a challenging and interesting draft.
Good team.

One point is that it would be better to put "Jack" instead "J." Ryder in case voters think you'd selected Jesse.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Team Review:

This time I picked up a strong team in my view. I didn’t go all in to have three first tier pace bowlers and then left with tenth tier batsmen to be picked as I do normally. Rather wanted a balanced team in every department. The pace trio of Andy Roberts, Keith Miller and Shane Bond looks good but some would argue about Shane Bond’s little sample size and prone to injuries. But I think I got that covered with other two top class spinners, Anil Kumble and Rangana Herath. Also this attack will be lethal in sub continent as well.

I picked up two top tier batsmen, George Headley and Barry Richards. No question about the abilities of Rohan Kanhai and Clive Lloyd in middle order. Then Alec Stewart and Keith Miller both can pile up runs if the top and middle order fail. The tail can get few runs as well.

Overall this is a team that will be able to excel in all condition and situation.

1. Barry Richards
2. Archie Jackson
3. George Headley
4. Rohan Kanhai
5. Clive Lloyd
6. Alec Stewart
7. Keith Miller
8. Anil Kumble
9. Rangana Herath
10. Andy Roberts
11. Shane Bond

Thanks to @JOJOXI for running the draft.

ataraxia

International Coach
1 Conrad Hunte /
2 Bill Woodfull /
3 Joe Root /
4 Graeme Pollock /
5 Inzamam-ul-Haq /
6 Mushtaq Mohammad / o
7 Imran Khan* o /
8 Imtiaz Ahmed + / (averages 209 at #8 with no average-boosting not outs)
9 Alan Davidson o /
10 Bishan Bedi o
11 James Anderson o

Bowling gud, batting guddish, an amazing captain: seems above average to me. I guess having a string of Pakistani chokers in the middle order is undesirable, but hey gotta make do.

Angelo Mathews (June)

The Team

Bruce Mitchell (5)
Arthur Shrewsburry
Gundappa Viswanath
K.S Ranjitsinjhi
Misbah ul-haq*
Angelo Mathews
Adam Gilchrist+
Ray Lindwall (1)
Tiger O’Reilly (3)
Shoaib Akhtar (4)
Alec Bedser (2)

kingkallis

International Coach
Mohammad Azharuddin (February) to complete the team.

Mr. CricZo XI

1. Gordon Greenidge /
2. Graham Gooch /
3. Ricky Ponting / (c)
4. Mohammad Azharuddin /
5. Martin Crowe /
6. Saleem Malik /
7. Rod Marsh + /
8. Wasim Akram o /
9. Graeme Swann o /
10. Jeff Thomson o
11. Allan Donald o

I decided to keep the selection strictly from 70s only hence some of the great players left out from my playing XI. Malik & Azhar are picked to annoy @mr_mister for quitting. Jokes apart, they both were amazing batsmen and Punter knows how to 'manage' them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mohammad Azharuddin (February) to complete the team.

Mr. CricZo XI

1. Gordon Greenidge /
2. Graham Gooch /
3. Ricky Ponting / (c)
4. Mohammad Azharuddin /
5. Martin Crowe /
6. Saleem Malik /
7. Rod Marsh + /
8. Wasim Akram o /
9. Graeme Swann o /
10. Jeff Thomson o
11. Allan Donald o

I decided to keep the selection strictly from 70s only hence some of the great players left out from my playing XI. Malik & Azhar are picked to annoy @mr_mister for quitting. Jokes apart, they both were amazing batsmen and Punter knows how to 'manage' them.

Needs more Chris Cairns.