• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better player : Bumrah or Headley ?

Bumrah vs George Headley

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I read your point in the other thread and while I rate Headley significantly high; it is equivalent of saying Marshall won't improve Pakistan significantly.
This is over Waqar?

If your comp for Waqar is similar to Headley, then we're on different pages.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
In our recent polls Headley was ranked the no 12 batter, while Bumrah was the no 30 bowler which was perhaps a bit high. I'm surprised that Bumrah has so many votes.

Headley was about Gavaskar level. Do some voters seriously think Bumrah = Gavaskar?

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
In our recent polls Headley was ranked the no 12 batter, while Bumrah was the no 30 bowler which was perhaps a bit high. I'm surprised that Bumrah has so many votes.

Headley was about Gavaskar level. Do some voters seriously think Bumrah = Gavaskar?
There are people trying to make a point.

smash84

The Tiger King
I’d say Headley had a much bigger impact on the 30’s Windies than Bumrah has had on current India.
I am thinking of impact in terms of helping teams win series.

It's Possible, I am not super aware of the series in the 1930s. Did Headley help WI win in Australia or England?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I am thinking of impact in terms of helping teams win series.

It's Possible, I am not super aware of the series in the 1930s. Did Headley help WI win in Australia or England?
They had 5 series in the 30’s, losing 3, drawing 1 and winning 1 (at home against England) they won 4 tests in total - 3 at home and 1 in Australia.

Headley in those 4 tests:
114 and 112 vs England 1930
105 and 30 vs Australia 1931
25 and 93 vs England 1935
270* vs England 1935

In the only match he didn’t nab a ton, 93 was the highest score of the entire game. In the ‘35 series he was one of only 2 players from both teams to make a ton the entire series, and outscored his closest competitors by over 200 runs. (in fact, that one innings of 270 was the same amount of runs as the second highest scorer in the series)