• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Bowling Spells

subshakerz

International Coach
Which are the best spells in these classics?

Ambrose 7-25 Aus 93 vs Hadlee 9-52 Aus 85

McGrath 5-53 Eng 2005 vs Shoaib 5-21 Aus 2002

Imran Khan 8-60 India 83 vs Steyn 7-51 India 2010

Holding 8-92 Eng 76 vs Bob Willis 8-43 Aus 81

Kumble 8-141 Aus 2004 vs Murali 9-56 Eng 1998

Last edited:

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Which are the best spells in these classics?

Ambrose 7-25 Aus 93 vs Hadlee 9-52 Aus 85

McGrath 5-53 Eng 2005 vs Shoaib 5-21 Aus 2002

Imran Khan 8-60 India 83 vs Steyn 7-51 India 2010

Holding 8-92 Eng 76 vs Bob Willis 8-43 Aus 81

Kumble 8-141 Aus 2004 vs Murali 9-56 Eng 1998
Ambrose(marginally)
Shoaib
Steyn(against peak Sachin and Sehwag, amazing)
Willis
Kumble(splendid on a flat track vs Aus)

capt_Luffy

International Regular
Hadlee (That Ambrose spell is probably my most watched video on YouTube, but this one is arguably the GOAT)
Shoaib
Steyn
Willis
Kumble

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Don't think that true. Imran dismissed Gavaskar, Vishwanath, Vengsarkar and Amaranth in that spell.

I give credit to Steyn for being an overseas bowler though.
Facing Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir(in his peak plague) etc, tougher, especially cause of the former 2, some of the best players in Asia

subshakerz

International Coach
Facing Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir(in his peak plague) etc, tougher, especially cause of the former 2, some of the best players in Asia
I don't see the point though of bringing up players he didn't dismiss in the spell, but anyways it's close enough between the two so I don't mind either way.