• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the 4th Innings Knocks

subshakerz

International Coach
Who wins?

Lara 153* Aus vs Perera 153* SA

G Smith 154* Eng vs Stokes 135* Aus

Gavaskar 221 Eng vs Tendulkar 136 Pak

Nathan Astle 222 Eng vs Sanga 192 Aus

Faf DuPlessis 110* Aus vs Ponting 156 Eng

Last edited:

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Who wins?

Lara 153* Aus vs Perera 153* SA

G Smith 154* Eng vs Stokes 135* Aus

Gavaskar 221 Eng vs Tendulkar 136 Pak

Nathan Astle 222 Eng vs Sanga 192 Aus

Faf DuPlessis 110* Aus vs Ponting 156 Eng
Perera(best test knock ever)
Stokes
Tendulkar(my favourite ever knock, against a rampaging Saqlain and Akram in conditions that were perfect for them, and horrific weather)
Astle(due to its unprecedented nature)
Faf(cause against Aus in Aus)

subshakerz

International Coach
I go with:

Perera, on points the best innings ever.

Stokes.

Gavaskar (nearly chasing over 400 was insane)

Sanga (better quality shots and attack)

Ponting (more pressure IMO and better attack)

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Lara-Perera are tied for mine. Lara's knock and setting were more dramatic but that Perera innings had a freakish momentum during the second half. Watching it live it felt like it was only a matter of time before the fun ended but it just kept going on and on.

Find the Sanga knock very overrated. Streaky against pace, fed on some of MacGIll's specialty pies throughout, and then started swinging with the tail. It's on par with Laxman's 160 in Sydney and about as relevant.