• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghanistan v Scotland at Sharjah: Matchday Thread; Mon 25/10

Should this thread have a "who's going to win?" poll

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Aritro

International Regular
It will be pretty interesting to see how the Afghans fare in light of everything having gone **** up in their country. Having said that, the Scots won my admiration during the group matches and I'd love to see them get a couple of wins and put themselves in the frame for a shock semi-final.

**** knows what happened to the Windies in that first match. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. The Saffers somehow finishing bottom of this group would be very amusing indeed. On that note, are they actually any good at T20s?

Last edited:

Dendarii

International Debutant
The Saffers somehow finishing bottom of this group would be very amusing indeed. On that note, are they actually any good at T20s?
South Africa beat the West Indies 3-2 in the recent series between the two sides and chased down 186 in their warm up against Pakistan. So they're not completely useless.

Aritro

International Regular
It would be better if there was a single thread for a single match.
Don't hesitate to start Wednesday's threads then :P

As long as they're not all being discussed in one or two giant superthreads, I'm happy.

In fact, why not, let's try your idea. I'll do it myself.

Aritro

International Regular
Oxford comma please
Lol, I looked this up. I never use one. Further research suggests they're optional in Australian English and typically only used when a list would be confusing without one.

I can't be held responsible for the (superfluous) conventions of other, less illustrious Englishes.

Aritro

International Regular
Update: It appears Kiwi English has the same convention.

1635170576619.png

Interestingly:

1635170663626.png
It appears it's only the Yanks who use it as a rule. I suppose you'll be telling me to spell "colour" without the "u" and "cheque" as "check" next. How distressing.

Aritro

International Regular
These are the two fattest cricketers I've ever seen batting at the same time at any level of the game.

anil1405

International Captain
Get these Afghan players tested for steroids and get their bats checked for any illegal substance used, Zazai especially. How da **** can they smack it with such ease.

All 5 longest sixes hit in this tournament belong to them now.