• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WTC 2025 Final : Qualifying scenario

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India needs 4 wins and a draw to make it.

3-0 vs NZ and at least a win & a draw vs Aus.

because you can expect South Africa to win around 5 out of 6 Tests vs BAN away, Pak & SL at home.

Thala_0710

U19 12th Man
I think SL has actually a chance of getting to the final. SL has done well in SA previously with much worse lineups and this time, at least their batting is much better than SA's. Even if they get a 1-1 it will come down to SL vs AUS and though AUS are much better than NZ, I wouldn't be surprised if SL clinch the series

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I think SL has actually a chance of getting to the final. SL has done well in SA previously with much worse lineups and this time, at least their batting is much better than SA's. Even if they get a 1-1 it will come down to SL vs AUS and though AUS are much better than NZ, I wouldn't be surprised if SL clinch the series
That series was different though..... It was more unexpected than BGT 2021, much much more. That Perera innings alone makes any repetition chances futile.

Thala_0710

U19 12th Man
That series was different though..... It was more unexpected than BGT 2021, much much more. That Perera innings alone makes any repetition chances futile.
That's true, but this time SL might even be stronger than SA on paper, even if not specifically in SA conditions. 1-1 is a good chance imo

Thala_0710

U19 12th Man
If no lottery pitches, I will bet on SA making the Final over SL. Just don't think the pace line up is up there to really trouble them.
SA also has a tricky tour to Ban. Can't see them winning enough games to make the finals. IND vs AUS is the most likely but if not SL has the best chance imo

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
India needs 4 wins and a draw to make it.

3-0 vs NZ and at least a win & a draw vs Aus.

because you can expect South Africa to win around 5 out of 6 Tests vs BAN away, Pak & SL at home.
Unless Maharaj dominates, SA won't win a test in Bangladesh and SL has a much better batting lineup than SA.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect SA to win 4-0 at home and probably 1-1 in Bangladesh. So I think they can get 5 wins.

SL batting on bouncy tracks of SA will be a big ask vs pace and height of Rabada, Jansen, Burger, Ngidi, Nortje...

Sunil1z

International Regular
I expect SA to win 4-0 at home and probably 1-1 in Bangladesh. So I think they can get 5 wins.

SL batting on bouncy tracks of SA will be a big ask vs pace and height of Rabada, Jansen, Burger, Ngidi, Nortje...
In that case Aus needs 4 win and 1 Draw(Remaining 7 Test )
And Ind needs 3 wins and 2 Draw to reach final ( Remaining 8 Test )

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So , I did a rough calculation. If IND wins against NZ by 2-0 margin then it will be IND vs AUS final unless SL draws test series in SA and beats Aus 2-0 at home or beat SA 2-0 away and draws 1-1 against Aus at home .

SA also have a chance if they win atleast 4 out of 6 Tests and lose nothing which is possible against Bangladesh,SL and PAK
What about over rate penalties? Can we see a Pak vs WI final?

Molehill

International Captain

I hadn't even considered SA, but you're right, 5 wins and they'll have a very strong chance of making it. This would be daft though considering they've not played any more than a 2 Test series and not played Eng or Aus at all. But it highlights yet another failing of this daft competition.