• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WPUJC Vaas vs Daniel L Vettori

Who was the better test cricketer?

• Total voters

Migara

International Coach
Let's take it this way. Would Vaas make the NZ team? Probably yes in late 90s and then early to mid 00s, when he has a hot run. Vettori with his batting abilities would almost always partner Murali as the 2nd spinner at home, and then later as an all rounder. Considering SL was pretty stronger than NZ during Vettori's / Vaas' time I'd give it to Vettori.

Come to ODI's and Vaas would have been an ever present in most of the sides, given his ability to cut the pace and strangle it.

I won't lose sleep by any choice either. Extremely gritty cricketers who gave 100% to their teams.

ma1978

International Debutant
Let's take it this way. Would Vaas make the NZ team? Probably yes in late 90s and then early to mid 00s, when he has a hot run. Vettori with his batting abilities would almost always partner Murali as the 2nd spinner at home, and then later as an all rounder. Considering SL was pretty stronger than NZ during Vettori's / Vaas' time I'd give it to Vettori.

Come to ODI's and Vaas would have been an ever present in most of the sides, given his ability to cut the pace and strangle it.

I won't lose sleep by any choice either. Extremely gritty cricketers who gave 100% to their teams.
nah. Vaas is first or second pace bowler for NZ his whole career (depending on Bond)

capt_Luffy

International Captain
When I woke up today, I didn't expect Migara to vote against a Sri Lankan cricketer when they are considered better by a large majority; but here we are.......