• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

WICFan

U19 Captain
We have a new captain in the Guyana Harpy Eagles team for the 2024 season. Kevlon Anderson, one of the cricketers who takes the longer format seriously. He's young and he's got a young deputy in Matthew Nandu.

Guyana is setting the example of Windies future in the game.
No more Leon Johnson, Vishual Singh, Barnwell and Bramble in the middle-order. Times are changing.

Any word on why Imlach wasn't selected?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Reminisced with a few of my friends and close family members on Old Year's night, we talked about the early 00s when there used to be FC and 50-over cricket played at our home ground. It was such festive atmosphere, as meals would be cooked early in the morning in anticipation of getting to the ground before 9:30AM.

Gone are those days.

Busta Cup, Red Stripe Cup, Carib Beer 4-day...

Later on, I was part of the crew that worked on the manual scoreboard.

The way that our cricket has d(evolved) is fascinating to see.
The collapse of FC cricket as a means to examine the collapse of community spirit in societies across the West Indies. In this essay I will...

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No more Leon Johnson, Vishual Singh, Barnwell and Bramble in the middle-order. Times are changing.

Any word on why Imlach wasn't selected?
I'm assuming that he'll join the squad once he returns back home. He needs game time having been on the bench in the tour of Australia.

He's in our ODI squad...

SillyCowCorner1

Combined Campuses, and Colleges (CCC) have named their squad,

Kirstan Kallicharan, Shatrughan Rambaran, Shaqkere Parris, Jonathan Drakes, Damel Evelyn, Jonathan Carter, Sadique Henry Romario Greaves, Akshaya Persad, Zishan Motara, Jediah Blades, Glen Williams, Stewart Thompson, Anthony Dackers, Gostava Edmund, Sion Hackett and Demario Richards

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Trinidad & Tobago's team for the 4-day championship,

View attachment 38931

Seales is back
T & T and Jamaica always compete for the worst selectors in the region. Apart from Seales return and Josh getting the captaincy, this squad brings nothing new and a whole heap of mediocrity. Cephas Cooper as an opener is newish I guess.

I hope Seales takes wickets but that they get trashed otherwise.

SillyCowCorner1

T & T and Jamaica always compete for the worst selectors in the region. Apart from Seales return and Josh getting the captaincy, this squad brings nothing new and a whole heap of mediocrity. Cephas Cooper as an opener is newish I guess.

I hope Seales takes wickets but that they get trashed otherwise.
Jason freaking Mohammed and Imran Khan lol. They are just taking up space.

SillyCowCorner1

Demerara Under-15 are playing Berbice Under-15 right now.

Adrian Hetmyer at the crease on 45 (54). Berbice are only 97 for 4 after 31 overs.