• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

Bahseph

International Debutant
Of all the T20 freelancers, the only real loss to the Test team for me is Gayle. The others either didn't cut it( Simmons) , didn't show interest (Pollard and Russel) or flattered to deceive(Bravo Snr).

Get in a proper opener and cut Sameuls loose and there is a team to work with here. I've been really impressed with Braithwaite and Gabriel especially. Chase also has the tools to be a passable Test level all rounder.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Of all the T20 freelancers, the only real loss to the Test team for me is Gayle. The others either didn't cut it( Simmons) , didn't show interest (Pollard and Russel) or flattered to deceive(Bravo Snr).

Get in a proper opener and cut Sameuls loose and there is a team to work with here. I've been really impressed with Braithwaite and Gabriel especially. Chase also has the tools to be a passable Test level all rounder.
Agreed. Gayle not being around is the only genuine loss.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Btw, what a year for test cricket. We've had some very good matches, Windies to come back and draw in that test against India, Pak v Eng at Lords, Oval and Old Trafford (I think it was), both Eng v Bang tests and this as well as the previous Pak v Windies test.

And they said test cricket was dying.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, what a year for test cricket. We've had some very good matches, Windies to come back and draw in that test against India, Pak v Eng at Lords, Oval and Old Trafford (I think it was), both Eng v Bang tests and this as well as the previous Pak v Windies test.

also all the matches in India

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain

WAG. Makes a post about good Test matches. Lists every Test in the Pak-Eng series except Edgbaston.

#DropAzharAliLogic

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I really hope they pull this off tomorrow. It would be a big thing for these youngsters to beat the #2 Test team in an away Test.
Big achievement to beat Pakistan in their second home (backyard) where they have been so good. Never easy. Also not to forget they had a fair shot at beating them earlier too.

Have been watching the series on and off and something needs to be said about Amir.

Attn: black_warrior

Clearly its been noticable that Amir is not quite the same bowler as he was before his ban. Yes, hes been good but in patches. Not really ripping through the order. Never easy coming back from a long hiatus but it's been over a year (?) he's been playing including domestic. From a bowler like Amir who had shown so much potential, you would expect him to destroy batting orders (not saying all the time). Maybe I'm over critical right at this point of his career ( there were some drop catches too ) but I expected a lot and I really mean a lot more from him after his come back.

• Struggled to pick up over 2 wickets in an innings in England
  • Picked up 3 wickets in two innings in this series

Just an observation.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This match he was OK I think. Had two sitters dropped off his bowling early in the innings.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Hmmm, Bravo sr too, I guess. One of the few proper all-rounders. Not a bowler to hold up an end, and occasionally smash a few boundaries.
Pre-2011 I was one of his biggest fans but he never kicked on. Always looking good without scoring big runs or taking wickets but being expensive. So much talent though, loved watching his inside out lofted drives off the spinners.

Niall

International Coach
more than that i would think
Nine I think in tests. I see where Andy is coming from, he isn't tearing it up, but he is doing ok and well if half of those drops were not drops, their wouldn't be much criticism. Amir deserves time as he isn't keeping any absolute guns out, Rahat is inconsistent and Sohail is brittle.

His batting is a bit of a concern though, he looked like a potential all rounder before he was banned, but now looks like an absolute Stuart Broad style hack.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
@AZH Amir's had like 7-8 catches dropped off his bowling since his return though.
Yeah there were drop catches but at slips mostly (?) and from Pakistan its nothing unusual. I dont know how many drop catches Wasim had to suffer in his career. Inzamam was pretty solid at slips. Amir will have to suffer this through the rest of his career because its catching and Pakistan. But I am talking about grabbing the game by himself. Making things happen. Lbws, bowling out etc etc. And smali are you sure its more than 7-8?

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah there were drop catches but at slips mostly (?) and from Pakistan its nothing unusual. I dont know how many drop catches Wasim had to suffer in his career. Inzamam was pretty solid at slips. Amir will have to suffer this through the rest of his career because its catching and Pakistan. But I am talking about grabbing the game by himself. Making things happen. Lbws, bowling out etc etc. And smali are you sure its more than 7-8?
I might be adding the LO catches too