• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to the Oceania Cup

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Well guys... This I suppose is the first official "Welcome" to the new "Oceania Cup"...
Ok a few changes have been happening... some of you will be aware of this and before any of you get upset here is the reason why the changes have been made.

1. Too many PBeM's were failing because they were the same as WCC and unoriginal

Ok so that aside buckle yourself in guys, this is going to be some fun...

12 Managers
Oceania Players
1 Winner
Millions of dollars

The first step is for you all to choose a team name. We're not talking Auckland Aces here, we're talking Slats's Slugs for example. You guys are now in charge of the lot...

The next step once we have received enough interest will be to send out the drafts (yes they're all ready to go so we won't have to wait around for things in the past). There are going to be about 250 players, the rules of who you can sign etc will be made clear when it comes choosing time.

AgeMaster, others and I have been given associate manager roles by DJellett and when he's not online I encourage you to come to either of us if you have any problems (MSN: ikky_1@hotmail.com, age_master2001@hotmail.com)

For now we're getting interest on who wants to be a part of this... preference is being given to managers who had a side in the previous oceania cup. So if all of you could respond in this thread. WE're setting a time limit of Saturday night (midnight) Aussie time so we can get the draft. So for all of you interestd, leave your Team Name and Email Address here in this thread and we'll be in contact.

Cheers Ian

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
As you know ian, i am not in favour for this 'name your own team' thing, however its what the board agreed upon, there is nothing to stop me calling my team my home team...

"Western Warriors"
elnino_91 @ hotmail.com

Cloete

International Captain
"Queensland Lightning"

E-Mail: acloete @ optusnet . com . au

MSN: nyeh900 @ hotmail . com

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
that's top boys... and it is the Oceania cup so yeah nikhil singapore will be fine!!! We'll just talk to the Singapore Government abut fixing up security over there and everything... Only a few more spots left. keep em coming

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I am the 'New South Whales' (already told DJellet).
Home ground Manuka Oval (Canberra).

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
erm guys, may i have my stadium in papeu new guinea?
if so i would liek to change my nick too

PNG Flames

also do i get to pick the pitch conditions