• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to the domestic league.

Cloete

International Captain
Proud Indian said:
Well I didnt pick the teams...I knew there were gonna be people saying "I want a team thats not on this list" thats why to be fair I made a random draw to get all the teams

Also I am not picking teams from who is the better side in the world...To be fair I made it 2 teams from each nation beside Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and West Indies. And the three spots left over also went into a random draw which included WA and QL but neither of them came up
But why SA over the shield champions Victoria why SA over the ING Cup champions WA and why SA over the finalists in both QLD?

NikhilN

International Regular
It is a random draw... I put in all the domestic teams in each nation and did the random draw and those 2 teams came up...and it really does not matter because you wont have the same players

Cloete

International Captain
Proud Indian said:
It is a random draw... I put in all the domestic teams in each nation and did the random draw and those 2 teams came up...and it really does not matter because you wont have the same players
What do you mean?

NikhilN

International Regular
Ok... this is what I do...I take a bag and put down each domestic teams name from each nation on paper...then I put the paper in the bag.Then I draw 2 papers for each nation and the 2 that show up will be the teams that will play

Cloete

International Captain
I meant what does this mean "and it really does not matter because you wont have the same players"

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
He means (i think - could be wrong) that because there is going to be a draft that any player could end up with any team

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Because there is going to be a draft when all the domestic teams are filled. the SA and NSW names are actually that, just names. Chances are your team will have indians, aussies, pakistani's, english, zimbabwean players.

Understand now?

Nikhil please correct me if i am wrong, this is how i anticipate the tourny to go.

NikhilN

International Regular
Yes you are right Aust Hitman and chrisbroadie...when the draft starts out you have no players on your team...these are just names.

NikhilN

International Regular
Ok guys just to let you know the Draft will start very soon...I have enough people to start the draft.For the teams not picked I will make their picks until all the teams are picked.If anyone joins during the draft, they will start the draft from the round the draft is atm

Cloete

International Captain
Proud Indian said:
Ok guys just to let you know the Draft will start very soon...I have enough people to start the draft.For the teams not picked I will make their picks until all the teams are picked.If anyone joins during the draft, they will start the draft from the round the draft is atm
Wait if it's going to be drafted tehn i think i want a team! Could I possibly have Eastern Province? I mean are they available... if they are I'll e-mail you for them.. also who esle is available?

DJellett

International Debutant
So do international teams get draft picks?
Also, can international teams only pick players from their country -
say Tendulkar plays for Border, can SAf pick him?

Last edited:

NikhilN

International Regular
International teams do not get a draft and no if Tendulkar plays for border RSA cant pick him but they can pick anyone else from border who hasnt played for any other international team beside RSA or has never played a international match

ash chaulk

International Captain
Nikhil i just dont get the whole international team can i change to Barbados as ive seen theres no one managing them.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
hey man and u can correct me if i am wrong (which i doubt) but i am barbodos

i emailed u ages ago and u even replied and said yes uve got the team so wats going on?

NikhilN

International Regular
Yes I am sorry guys...kears_falcon_9 has barbados...I didnt have the managers list with me at that time

NikhilN

International Regular
The teams taken are:

South Australia
Karachi
Essex
Border
NSW
Northamptonshire
Central Districts
Matabeleland
Auckland