• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wat evr hapnd 2 Merv Dillon

Swervy

International Captain
Legglancer said:
BTW whatever happened to clayton lambert ???? unquestionably the "most original" batsman i've seen ....
yeah, he was always fun to watch :D

Legglancer

State Regular
Swervy said:
yeah, he was always fun to watch :D
Remember the century he scored in Athertons last test as Capt .... I Actually tried to change by batting style to his lol 8-) .... not much luck though ! :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
cricinfo said:
An old-fashioned chunky biffer
it was his preposterous heave off Phil Tufnell's first ball of the third day that kick-started a dramatic West Indian collapse
he wasn't finished with international cricket, In 2004 he reappeared, aged 42, in the middle-order for the USA.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
He played vs Canada in Davison's 117wickets match, scoring 2 and 11 and then played against Bermuda scoring 13 & 4. this was in the intercontinetal cup.

He also played in the americas cricket competition scoring 42 vs Argentina and 42* against Bermuda

I preffered Phillo Wallace

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Revelation said:
but we didn't lose either. That and the fact that that game was marred by quite a bit of rain.
Yes you didn't lose, but the fact remains that there was 4 days play, and most sides have beaten Bangladesh easily within that timescale, but the Windies weren't eve close to doing so.

Craig

World Traveller
garage flower said:
As the young quicks continue to struggle with injuries and erratic form, I think Merv will get another recall over the next 12 months.
He does give them some experience in the bowling department.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I seemed to hear something like that.
Was at work listining to the radio on and off, though, so I didn't catch the whole thing.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah.Up until that last match where the WI had a small glimmer of hope and he dashe d it all away.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Dillon's had numerous chances and done nothing spectacular until the ODI series with England.He should be like Collins and take the opportunity when it comes.