• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wahab Riaz retires

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably the most thread worthy retirement announcement of late but marred by an awful OP.

Good cricketer. Gave his best on some awful pitches in the UAE and bowled well in World Cups too. Not the most consistent player obviously but he had his moments. This is my favourite memory of him. England needed just 20 off the last 2 and he turned it around with 2 wickets in on over for just 3 runs.

trundler

Brett Schultz was a good left arm pacer but this thread is about Wahab Riaz.
lmao no idea how that happened. Guess I was looking at the biggest losses SL have had at home. Meant to link this:

13:28 is what I'm talking about.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People here (and elsewhere) always seemed to overrate him. Generally an awful bowler symptomatic of Pakistan's poor pace bowling stocks and selections.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who exactly here is overrating him?
Well trundler for starters. By international standards he was not good. As I recall, enough here seemed to rate him around 2016. Don't expect me to recall specific posters, it was seven years ago.

trundler

Well trundler for starters. By international standards he was not good. As I recall, enough here seemed to rate him around 2016. Don't expect me to recall specific posters, it was seven years ago.
I said he had his moments. That's not something you say about someone who excelled. His world cup record is objectively good though, 35 wickets in 20 matches at an average of 26.

Why would anyone look to be positive in a retirement thread, I wonder.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
My favorite memory of Wahab Riaz is when he took 2 wickets in 2 balls against India in 2011 world cup semi final. 2nd wicket of Yuvraj was so memorable. Took a fiver overall.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Could have done more than he did. And those spells in the 2011 WC semi and the 2015 game against Aus were very fun watches. Wish him the best in his retirement.