• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

VB Series Australian Dream Team

deeps

International 12th Man
Linda said:
Firstly, that is'nt 'reading between the lines'... thats reading what you wrote.

Secondly, a dream team usually doesnt account for injuries.

key words...DREAM team :P i guess that means u can have ne1

deeps

International 12th Man
form is temporary,class is permanent

martyn is a glorious cricketer to watch..his shots are beautiful and has a pretty good technique and i agree he is a class act...BUT having oodles of talent and class is NOT enough to have a spot in this australian batting line up...u need good temperament, which i strongyl doubt martyn has...i've seen quieet a number of times that he gets out plying a shot that was just not on in the circumstances... yes,the ball might have been there to hit,but the circumstances commanded that he be more carefull with his stroke play...yet he takes the risk,gets out and puts aus in a bigger hole

I also blame martyn for steve waugh's demise in the one day game... Martyn used to come in at 4...one above waugh... and plod around wasting heaps of delivieries trying 2 get in.... sometimes this paid of and he made a good score...and he'd make up for the waste in balls,and usually end up wifh a SR of above 65...nice work

but sometimes he got out...and would have 9 of 40 balls, and then all the pressure would b on waugh... I noticed this time and time again, bcoz martyn had pressure on his spot,and so he was being careful...but put unduly pressure on waugh

Classy and talented yes... Cricket brain and temperament equals zero...

Linda

International Vice-Captain
deeps said:
form is temporary,class is permanent

martyn is a glorious cricketer to watch..his shots are beautiful and has a pretty good technique and i agree he is a class act...BUT having oodles of talent and class is NOT enough to have a spot in this australian batting line up...u need good temperament, which i strongyl doubt martyn has...i've seen quieet a number of times that he gets out plying a shot that was just not on in the circumstances... yes,the ball might have been there to hit,but the circumstances commanded that he be more carefull with his stroke play...yet he takes the risk,gets out and puts aus in a bigger hole

I also blame martyn for steve waugh's demise in the one day game... Martyn used to come in at 4...one above waugh... and plod around wasting heaps of delivieries trying 2 get in.... sometimes this paid of and he made a good score...and he'd make up for the waste in balls,and usually end up wifh a SR of above 65...nice work

but sometimes he got out...and would have 9 of 40 balls, and then all the pressure would b on waugh... I noticed this time and time again, bcoz martyn had pressure on his spot,and so he was being careful...but put unduly pressure on waugh

Classy and talented yes... Cricket brain and temperament equals zero...
Ok, deeps, your comment about Damien duck Martyn was enough to be ignored. This however, is not.

Firstly, your making huge generalisations in your whole post. If he did all you said, why is he in the team, and has been for so long? Luck? Because he's mates with Ricky? No, its because hes good.

Secondly, saying Marto used to take the risk in his shots AND plod around and waste deliveries is a bit rich. He is either risky or careful, make up your mind.

And lastly, how in hell can you blame Martyn for Waugh's ODI ommitance? Thats the biggest load of crap yet. Number 5's are there too pick up the peices, if you will, not to score centuries at a run a ball. The selectors thought Waugh couldnt do it. So be it, its NOT Martyns fault.

PY

International Coach
deeps said:
I think Steve Waugh is man enough to cope with the pressure.

Cricket is a team sport yet you will be judged on your individual performances. The whole point of the team part is that if one fails, another is there to pick up the pieces. If Steve Waugh couldn't cope with the pressure (not saying that he didn't but your post makes it seem like he couldn't?) then he didn't deserve to be in the side. A great player but couldn't go on forever.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deeps said:
Martyn used to come in at 4...one above waugh... and plod around wasting heaps of delivieries trying 2 get in
Well considering his career S/R is I believe higher than Pontings, can he blame his slump in form on having to pick it up coming in 1 after Ponting?!