• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I think he should be in a squad of 13.
But, I dont think he'd make the 11 at home.
Think he'd be better off playing some actual cricket for CD.
But that will only be T20 atuff.

nzfan

Might prove to be a mistake if the Mount pitch is anything like this one.

Last night's game was a used pitch and one to the far right. Usually reserved for bowling practice by the side. The one that will be served up for test match will be the center wicket with lush green top :laugh: I don't think they are going to cut much of grass from the center pitch.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting to see former Central Stags spinner Marty Kain now playing T20 internationals for USA.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Interesting to see former Central Stags spinner Marty Kain now playing T20 internationals for USA.
I worry that will lead to a player drain the way European rugby clubs have drained NZ rugby. If Immigration NZ keep screwing over the likes of Foxcroft the South African talent pipeline might get diverted there too.

nzfan

Corey Anderson is trying to qualify as well for USA. USA is investing in players from other countries quite seriously now.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I worry that will lead to a player drain the way European rugby clubs have drained NZ rugby. If Immigration NZ keep screwing over the likes of Foxcroft the South African talent pipeline might get diverted there too.
To some extent, it already is. Obus Pienaar's gone to the USA. Wasn't old Crusty Theron turning out for them recently.

nzfan

NZ XI 14/3 ... Bangladesh making early in roads. Devon strangely batting at no. 3 out 2nd ball. I guess he's going to bat 3 and Young opening?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't seen AJ Chowdhury before, wonder what he bowls like.

Have to like Taskin, being a (the only) genuine Bangladesh quick. We've talked about Taylor getting a nice hundred v Bangladesh and then retiring from tests, but Taskin bowling full and straight to square him up may give him problems.

nzfan

Haven't seen AJ Chowdhury before, wonder what he bowls like.

Have to like Taskin, being a (the only) genuine Bangladesh quick. We've talked about Taylor getting a nice hundred v Bangladesh and then retiring from tests, but Taskin bowling full and straight to square him up may give him problems.
Never heard of Chowdhury, didn't think he was in the squad. Taskin is a genuine quick. Saw him at basin in 2017/18 and he's barely played test cricket since. A tall quick bowler that bowls heavy innies. Takes it away from the lefties. Looking up he's only played 8 test matches since.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Chowdhury is a complete mystery to me. I can’t seem to find a record of the guy. Good performance so far in the warm-up by Bangladesh. I hope the test side doesn’t take them for granted.

nzfan

I think Chowdhury is Abu Jayed, who's played 13 tests.
Oh... He's actually quite good. Remember him knocking over Jeet Raval and Tom Latham early in one of the test matches (basin?). Then Ross and Nicholls scored big to win is the game by an inning I think.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh... He's actually quite good. Remember him knocking over Jeet Raval and Tom Latham early in one of the test matches (basin?). Then Ross and Nicholls scored big to win is the game by an inning I think.
Yeah Jayed's good with the new ball. More or less useless afterwards though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Was obviously disappointing how the India tour ended, but with the way India has been wading through SENA sides in the past couple of years, NZ’s series win against them is starting to look like the most significant achievement by an NZ test side since the wins v Pakistan and WI sides in the 1980’s.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
After Bangers NZ have got SA touring next. Should be a cracking series. NZ are heavy favorites but SA historically have done well there & in fact never lost a series there. Will be interesting to see what kind of pitches we see & venues. A D/N test would be awesome. Rabada Southee Jamieson Nortje... As good as it gets

Binkley

U19 Captain
I wonder if Dane Cleaver is in the selectors’ thoughts? I am watching him demolish Canterbury in T20 right now, and he is having a great season. He is not young (he turns 30 tomorrow in fact), but his record is solid and he is playing some brilliant innings. If we do end up with two squads at some point this season (eg one for SA and the other for Aus) I would hope he would be in one of them.