• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unique Bowling runup and actions.

FRAZ

International Captain
thierry henry said:
Only a few years back Andre Adams used to mix up his normal deliveries by bowling the same as ever, but off literally a 2 pace run-up (in NZ domestic one-dayers). He started his run-up at the end of the pitch, I don't think I have even seen a spinner use such a short run-up. I have no idea why he did it though.

Kerry Walmsley- does the big double arm salute before each ball.

Mohammad Sami deserves a mention for changing his action in between spells and often in the middle of an over. Has anyone noticed this? Usually he generates all his pace through his remarkably quick arm action and delivery stride, but sometimes he bowls with a completely different action. You will notice he takes a much more extravagant, slower delivery stride with his left foot, and winds up more. Everything happens slower but he bowls at about the same pace.
Good ! you judged it right .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Martyn Ball has about the loopyest action I've ever seen.
Always enjoy watching him bowl.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never seen Shabbir but not many people seem to have a problem with him. Mills and Lawson certainly have been questioned (Lawson has been "sent for remedial work") but I'll wait until I get a chance to see them before commenting rashly.
As for Murali, Shoaib, Kirtley et al let's just again leave it at the "you don't know what you're talking about" phrase.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Best action - Allan Donald, Shane Warne

Unique Actions -

Paul Adams
Mike Proctor
Mushtaq Ahmed
Devon Malcolm
Fidel Edwards

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Best action - RJ Hadlee and SK Warne.
Donald was fantastic, but not quite in Hadlee's class - though only just.
IMO Hadlee was the second-best seamer of the 1930-2004 period (impossible really to compare intimately before that).

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Unique action - Kapil Dev, Paul Adams, Qadir

Best action - Hadlee, Holding, Warnie, Imran

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
Best action - RJ Hadlee and SK Warne.
Donald was fantastic, but not quite in Hadlee's class - though only just.
IMO Hadlee was the second-best seamer of the 1930-2004 period (impossible really to compare intimately before that).
Who's the first? Marshall? Ambrose? Lillee? Imran? Wasim?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Who's the first? Marshall? Ambrose? Lillee? Imran? Wasim?
Marshall.
Never saw him bowl live, but I've studied him more than I've studied anyone I never saw live, and by all conclusions he was a phenomenon.
Another tragic loss.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
halsey said:
None of them. Harold Larwood.
Larwood was fantastic, but his Test record doesn't do justice to his talent.
He was, of course, unfortunate to play against Bradman many times but he did conquer him in his final series, albeit through an unfair tactic.
He also bowled in much more friendly conditions than anyone 1970-onwards.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mushtaq Ahmed...he bowls with both arms up in the air! Someone once commented he looked like a demented cartwheel...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
???
:( :rolleyes:
As far as I could work-out hourn was simply reiterating the baseless criticism of Murali.
Both meant the same thing.

agodleman

Cricket Spectator
Murali has easily got the most unique action. MacGill comes in as runner-up. Im not sure if its unique but I saw Shane Watson today. His action has certainly changed.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Some copy list:
Original ---- Dupe
Warne ---- SRT(when he does legspin)
Quadir ---- Mushtaq( in the beginning)
Saqlain ---- Shoib Malik
Walsh --- Dillon, Tinu Yohannan to some extent(admits he copiies)
Saurav --- Irfan
Hardlee --- Vaas
McGrath --- salvy( some extent; admits he copies)
marshal --- Franklin Rose

Unique actions:
Murali, Paul Adams,Harbhajan,Quadir,...
Smooth Beutiful actions:
Kapil, Hadlee,Donald,Pollock, Wasim,Akthar, Lee, McGrath,Vaas, Bond, Dillon,....