• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 in 2020?

2freddie

Cricket Spectator
does anyone think its realistic to have twenty20 cricket as part of the olympics in 2020? and would this actually be good for the game? unles your one of those people who think twenty20 cricket is taking over our sport, surely we can all see the benefits this would have! maybe in 20/30/40 years we can have more then 10 or so teams in our world cup and have one with all the big sporting nations, possibly on a par with the soccer world cup. with more exposure of the game at the olympics, itll get more people playing and therefore the quality and entertainment of the sport will be sure to increase....
should we even be bringing this form of the game to the olympics?

what are peoples feelings on this topic?

Langeveldt

Soutie
It's fairly irrelevant to be honest.. We've got the game spiralling out of control, with NZ flying out to play a Bangladesh D team because international cricket is being ripped to shreds.. ODI cricket is all but finished and test grounds outside England and Australia are never filled for even the biggest encounters, and in Pakistan and Zimbabwe, nobody will play at all.. I neither know nor care about T20 in the Olympics..

dheeruyadav

Cricket Spectator
I think it T20 Cricket is going to be included in olympics in 2020. Cricket is becoming a very popular game in world and i think no one can deny that fact. Even football playing countries are giving a shot to the cricket.

pup11

International Coach
It's fairly irrelevant to be honest.. We've got the game spiralling out of control, with NZ flying out to play a Bangladesh D team because international cricket is being ripped to shreds.. ODI cricket is all but finished and test grounds outside England and Australia are never filled for even the biggest encounters, and in Pakistan and Zimbabwe, nobody will play at all.. I neither know nor care about T20 in the Olympics..
I agree with this, atm survival of international cricket should be at top of ICC' agenda, if they fail to solve all the issues that have crept up in international cricket, then i am afraid cricket as a game might not even be able to survive till 2020.