• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thoughts on Geoffrey Boycott?

Howe_zat

Audio File
That is a bit of a misleading stat. As well as all playing fewer tests, one would assume they all played quite a lot fewer innings as he was an opener and they spent most of their careers at 5-6-7
I mean, I'm not trying to say that Boycott was as aggressive as those guys, he clearly wasn't. Just that someone who hits that many runs must have been more than just a blocker. Bloke might have put a premium on his wicket but that doens't mean he has to be remembered as boring above all else, he was too classical and too good for that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A very very good opening test match batsmen, who knows how many more centuries and runs he would have scored if he hadnt missed a few years because of the issues with Mike Denness, a straight talking guy and a bit blunt at times which upset some folks, talked to him a couple of times and always seemed ok to me. too many people judge him that do not know him,
Didn’t he belt his missus?

Coronis

International Coach
Fun comparison though meaningless

Kallis 280 innings 1585 boundaries (1488/97)
Ponting 286 innings 1582 boundaries (1509/73)

I believe Lara (unsurprisingly) has the best ratio of the 10k club

232 innings 1647 boundaries (1559/88)

a massive zebra

International Captain
Who knows for certain,
Let's not spread rumours about debunked accusations. The accuser later admitted that her injuries were caused by falling on a marble floor and not by Boycott. She has a well established history of dishonesty and attempted blackmail.

In 2015, an investigation by the Daily Telegraph alleged that Moore had admitted to a friend she had slipped on a marble floor and hit her head, causing the injury she later claimed was caused by Boycott. The newspaper also discovered that Boycott's solicitor had been contacted by a representative of Moore, suggesting that the allegation would be dropped if he paid her £150,000. Boycott refused to pay the sum demanded, stating he "considered it to be blackmail". A separate incident documented in court papers also revealed Moore's barrister had demanded £1 million from Boycott in return for her silence. Moore's lack of honesty has also been documented in other court cases relating to her business, when Mr Registrar James made a bankruptcy order against her he noted "a deliberate lack of truthfulness" in her evidence.

Northerner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Let's not spread rumours about debunked accusations. The accuser later admitted that her injuries were caused by falling on a marble floor and not by Boycott. She has a well established history of dishonesty and attempted blackmail.
Didnt know about that particular report, but as i said in the response to the guy who said he belted his misses , we did not know for certain, meaning i was not convinced he did what he was accused of,