• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My point was that Bangladesh should soundly beat the Irish. Especially after Morgan got poached. Don't think the Irish could score 180 or even come close to it TBH.
Well, we'll see. I'm not looking massively into the warm-ups. It'd be encouraging if we had won today, but we fared very similarly in the warm-ups before 2007 and that went okay. Got absolutely mauled in the warm-ups for the 2011 Qualifiers and destroyed everyone there. Bangladesh are a better side than us, especially in T20, but if we get some good old-fashioned Irish conditions we're certainly in with a shout.

Also, Eoin Morgan hardly scored for us, for whatever reason. I don't think he's that big a loss in the short-term, and in the long-term he was always going to England anyway. It's all potential with that guy.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Have to say, Sidebottom has been excellent. Easily the best seamer on show! Fosters been superb as well, should have had a stumping and a run out now!

King Pietersen

International Captain
This death bowling tactic from Broad is excellent. Should have been 3 wides but it worked!

Jimmy Anderson > Ishant Sharma as far as new fast bowling hair cuts go as well. Coolest man in cricket tbh.

King Pietersen

International Captain
It worked though. 2 should have been wides, but they only got 2 runs off the other 4 balls. You can't argue the fact that it worked. Managing to only go for 2 runs in the 20th over shows excellent tactics for me.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It worked though. 2 should have been wides, but they only got 2 runs off the other 4 balls. You can't argue the fact that it worked. Managing to only go for 2 runs in the 20th over shows excellent tactics for me.
Good tactics, helped by an incompetant umpire. Sidebottom's bowling was far better and frankly, excellent, but alas, in this Broad love-fest (and Sidebottom hate-fest, something which confuses me to no end) that is the last few years, it'll probably go unnotived.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I actually mentioned Sidebottom first so don't even start that. Sidebottom easily outbowled Broad, but that last over tactic was excellent. He clearly put the umpires mind in doubt with the angle, and it worked.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good tactics, helped by an incompetant umpire. Sidebottom's bowling was far better and frankly, excellent, but alas, in this Broad love-fest (and Sidebottom hate-fest, something which confuses me to no end) that is the last few years, it'll probably go unnotived.
Last few years???????

Broad has been roundly slated on here (and rightly so), up unto the last couple of series. Whilst Sideys been backed up until his recent injury worries, when he's looked very unfit.

Sidebottom bowled better then Broad today, I agree with you on that.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually mentioned Sidebottom first so don't even start that. Sidebottom easily outbowled Broad, but that last over tactic was excellent. He clearly put the umpires mind in doubt with the angle, and it worked.
More of a general rant about how Sidebottom has fallen in public opinion rather than a comment at you for playing while unfit (something which is admirable, imo), I can read more than one post, ya'know. That last over tactic was not excellent though, I don't usually get caught up in such minor things as the last over of a T20 warm up between a Test nation and associate, but I can't stand the overrating of Broad, as it tarnishes, for me, the image of a very promising cricketer.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Last few years???????

Broad has been roundly slated on here (and rightly so), up unto the last couple of series. Whilst Sideys been backed up until his recent injury worries, when he's looked very unfit.

Sidebottom bowled better then Broad today, I agree with you on that.
On here, but not SkySports and numerous people I have spoken to, more representative of the wider public opinion. I think Sidebottom's injury worries have unfairly tarnished his image. People were far too quick to write him off when his performances in Tests and ODIs and T20s were all excellent - his Test performances in particular far better than Anderson, Broad and Flintoff and then people have the audacity to criticise his speed when he bowls at 89mph in ODIs and 85mph in Tests when fit. Someone who is willing to put his body on the line and play while unfit is someone with strong determination not someone's whose reputation as a cricketer should be diminished as a result of those few games, where he didn't actually do that badly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Broad still dire from what I remember of him. Expect Australia to slaughter him in the Ashes.

King Pietersen

International Captain
More of a general rant about how Sidebottom has fallen in public opinion rather than a comment at you for playing while unfit (something which is admirable, imo), I can read more than one post, ya'know. That last over tactic was not excellent though, I don't usually get caught up in such minor things as the last over of a T20 warm up between a Test nation and associate, but I can't stand the overrating of Broad, as it tarnishes, for me, the image of a very promising cricketer.
WTF's up with the attitude dude? I've noticed it quite alot in your replies to me. Have I said something to annoy you in the past? =/

The last over tactic praising isn't even direct praise of Broad either, as I presume Flower and Colingwood would have had major input in the matter. I just though it was excellently implemented by England. May have been a few possibie wides, but generally Broad's control of his line and length in that over was excellent, was pretty much on the spot every ball.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Gah, Wright is an ugly and technically deficient batsman though he can certainly thump it on occasion.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
WTF's up with the attitude dude? I've noticed it quite alot in your replies to me. Have I said something to annoy you in the past? =/
Nope, no stress at you whatsoever, just frustated moreso by the stiffness of the keyboard (and to a lesser extent, exams) so cbf to mince my words - rest assured, much love in your direction from me:happy:

The last over tactic praising isn't even direct praise of Broad either, as I presume Flower and Colingwood would have had major input in the matter. I just though it was excellently implemented by England. May have been a few possibie wides, but generally Broad's control of his line and length in that over was excellent, was pretty much on the spot every ball.
Yeh, I was probably wrong to snap at you, just thought it was a classic example of overpraise of Broad for a pretty basic tactic executed averagely - but we'll agree to differ there.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Ah fair enough <3, I'll let you off then. Exams are lame.

Wright gone. Typical Wright dismissal. He is in better form than Key though tbf.