• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i think the best way to prepare is to go out and sit on the first tee and just breathe the golf course in

Slats4ever

what is everyone's thoughts on michelle wie... She's currently tied last in the sony open. I think she should stick on the ladies tour and never ever come back.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Slats4ever said:
what is everyone's thoughts on michelle wie... She's currently tied last in the sony open. I think she should stick on the ladies tour and never ever come back.
Isn't she the one who said

"umm it was only a few inches but at the end of the day umm"

She was in SASI's clichewatch for some cheating or something a while back, seems like a bit of a faker to me..

How is the Goose getting on? (goosen)

Slats4ever

retief's not playing. must be in south africa playing in some local even.

However another south african... rory sabbatini is a top the leaderboard.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slats4ever said:
i think the best way to prepare is to go out and sit on the first tee and just breathe the golf course in
I tried that at Royal Lytham many years ago - wonderful course (all of the Open Championship links courses are just steeped in tradition).

Despite the fact that I played off 14 at the time, I still failed to break 100 that day (I lost 4 balls - those two facts might well be connected).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ryder Cup is on....

....are we caring?

Nice to see Europe spanking the egregiously awful yanks, even if I'm not the biggest golf fan.

PY

International Coach
I care lots, watched the highlights yesterday.

Darren Clarke is a legend IMO, 6 weeks after your wife dies and he smacks a 300 yard tee shot on the first while his eyes are welling up, and sinks a putt for birdie. And then goes on to take a point off the Americans big guns. A lovely gesture by Mickelson & DiMarco giving him a manly hug at the first though. Went up in my estimations!

Won't deny, the roar when a putt goes in sends a shiver down the spine. :cool: