• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Endgame of Kohli

sunilz

International Regular
Dainik Jagran :laugh:

Anyways, I honestly dont think split captaincy is the way to go. Virat needs to let go of captaincy fully as it seems to have finally impacted his batting returns. Rahane can take over in tests and see if that helps him rediscover his form. Rohit can do the job in LOs.

I think the coach change might give a change in captaincy too, esp. if we win WT20 and this England series, I kinda half expect Virat to quit captaincy on that high.
Why are you at laughing at Dainik Jagran ??
It is the most read hindi newspaper (more readership than any newspaper in any language in India)

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Kohli is probably hated more than he is loved in India. In Southern states he has huge popularity thanks to RCB but in general he has majority haters in up north.

cnerd123

likes this
i seriously doubt majority of India hates Virat Kohli

Might be majorly despised by NRIs or by 'netizens', but definitely seems to be popular enough in India generally.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is always the online world and then the real world in these things. :) But yes, the Virat hate everywhere online in India is a thing.

Teja.

Global Moderator
i seriously doubt majority of India hates Virat Kohli

Might be majorly despised by NRIs or by 'netizens', but definitely seems to be popular enough in India generally.
This is not true. NRIs generally love him. Disliking Kohli is mostly an Indian middle class (and +) cricket smark phenomenon.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I doubt anti-Kohli trolls have anything to gain politically. It's just the general attention-seeking quality of social media: select a pet project, draw a few likes, feel like king turd of **** mountain for a while. Some other guy posted about how India winning through a Kohli ton would feel like a loss. Says it all doesn't it?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
"Arrogant" this and "aggressive" that....The guy is playing a game of cricket ffs I really think way too much is read into his personality. Hitting a piece of leather with a piece of willow. Everything we know about him off the field he seems like a wonderful person to be honest. On the field I'm a bit of a dickhead too yet off the field i'm a nerdy vegan hippie humanitarian.

re: his captaincy
- he's championed pace bowling which is very important
- he seems to give his team mates the freedom to play how they know which is also important
- he's a bit meme aggression. Whatever.

re: his batting
- He's an aggressive batsman who's most productive shot is the cover drive. He was always going to have a lean period
- It's not surprising that this lean period has coincided with a time when pace and particularly swing bowling stocks are as high as they've ever been

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I doubt anti-Kohli trolls have anything to gain politically.
There is nothing to be gained by anything on social media. Its just the best outlet for negative emotions for these people. Every piece of hatred, jealousy, anger at others and usually it is very clearly divided based on politics, on every issue somehow.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I'm not 100% sure on KJ either. Time will tell. I'm not saying he will, just that it's far too early to know how he's going to cope with expectation and playing around the world.

Kane is just a perfect leader in the sense he allows people to be who they are and allows them to contribute in their own way. He also brings a calm consistency which perfects mirrors how we've been able to play cricket. Baz was a massive catalyst for change in NZ cricket too, and even he said it was the right time to hand over to someone who could take the side to the next level.
Tom Latham is a notably better tactician than KW, and seems to understand bowling changes much better IMO.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
nope the **** is from delhi

hate comes from the west as in mumbai
Plenty of folks in Delhi & surrounding states don't like him. I have observed this. He is a wannabe Punjabi & gets laughed out more often than not.
Dhoni is probably far more loved.
West & Mumbai has its bias so that's usual.
Southern states probably have loyal fanbase & is treated like a movie star.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
NZ fans as bad as their India counterparts at shoving their preoccupations into unrelated places. Wtf are nice Kiwis like KW and Latham doing in a Kohli roast?

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Kohli and Shastri have pretty much tanked the fifth test attending a crowded book signing event which wasn't sanctioned by BCCI.