• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anthony Davidson is some player. Amazed by his performance today.

It was a good game. I think it was lost by GG CC in the death overs of their innings. No momentum at all for that push. Unfortunate run-outs of my two best batsmen didn’t help either.

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC legend Raun Shkorer has announced his retirement from competitive cricket today morning, calling time on a 16-season long career.

At 32 years old, Raun has spent his entire career playing for ZCC, having been signed on as a 16 year old wonderkid for $3.3 million. In this time he has played 52 International matches for Bangladesh, 485 competitive club league matches, and 493 friendly club matches, amassing a total of 35,858 runs with 37 centuries a staggering 253 half-centuries.

The signing of 25-year old Len Russel is what prompted the legendary left hander finally call time on his career, with the West Indian taking the number 3 spot in today's CWC10 clash vs TNT. While still a productive part of the batting lineup -averaging 35 across SOD and T20 Div 1.1 this season at a SR of 85, with 9 fifties in 26 innings - the southpaw's returns have diminished over the years, causing the ZCC management to be on the lookout for a fitting replacement.

It is understood that Raun has expressed a desire to join long-time team mate Arif Jalal as part of the ground staff team at the end of the season. ZCC will be looking to arrange a series of benefit matches in the leadup to the off-season, aiming to get Raun up to a total of 500 Friendly Matches played, and give supporters and players around the world an opportunity to bid him farewell.

cnerd123

likes this
TNT off to a very bright start vs ZCC chasing 257. These pitches really do not suit our attack, we've just got the one frontline spinner in Naeem Ashraf and a couple of part-timers. Probably needed another 20 runs or so to feel secure.

Len Russel with 38 on debut as Raun's replacement, nice 50 by Chamath opening the batting, and everyone down till 9 getting into double digits. Was not easy for our batters to score, but TNT are flying - big game between the worms right now. Need a few wickets ASAP.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TNT off to a very bright start vs ZCC chasing 257. These pitches really do not suit our attack, we've just got the one frontline spinner in Naeem Ashraf and a couple of part-timers. Probably needed another 20 runs or so to feel secure.

Len Russel with 38 on debut as Raun's replacement, nice 50 by Chamath opening the batting, and everyone down till 9 getting into double digits. Was not easy for our batters to score, but TNT are flying - big game between the worms right now. Need a few wickets ASAP.
I don't understand TNT top order batsmen. They all defensive or steady. And I have them on 5 attack. And consistently they keep pushing at a run a ball and faster early innings. 'shrug'. Lots of collapses and early wickets because of.

cnerd123

likes this
Nah got there easily in the end. Just not enough scoreboard pressure to compensate for the lack of spin.

ZCC might be due a rebuild after CWC10.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another defeat for my boys. Standard stuff these days.

The skipper’s only in his teens. In rebuild mode, getting a core out of Hogg, Zaki, Bedwell, Keegan, and another fella by the name of Willmott.

I have no skin in the game, i.e., this league…but the development of some players for the future is optimistic for us.